9/11- the firemans story... Did anyone watch it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

torella

Reaction score
Well I'm an emotional wreck after watching that..

I can't believe its been 10 years since that awful day.. I was only 12 when it happened but i can still remember it like it was yesterday :(

The firefighters were true heroes that day... They were going up when everyone else was running out. Risking their lives for so many others.. They have my upmost respect!!

What amazing, inspirational people the New York Fire Department are!!

I was 11 when it happened, and I too remember that day. I can't bring myself to watch movies or documentaries on it. Every time I do, I lose it.

My mom's coworker lost his brother in the second tower. There was also an article in the recent cosmo for September profiling women who lost their fiance's on 9/11 and how their lives have changed because of it.

Still can't believe it happened. Find myself watching these programmes every year and breaking my heart everytime. Evil people to do such a thing :( x

I couldn't bring myself to watch this my husband is a Fire Fighter and lost people he knew in 9/11.
It is far to close to home for me but my hubby watched it.

I don't like to think if him being at risk :cry:

Being an American, this year is a very solemn one for us. When I watched the 2nd plane hit the 2nd tower, I knew the U.S. was under attack and that the world, MY world, as I knew it changed for ever. The world my son was going to grow up in wouldn't be the same world I grew up in. His reality was changed. His innocence lost.

I mourned the loss of my American brothers and sisters, firefighters, police officers, emergency personnel, civilians, all of them. I still mourn today. The events of 9/11 still have a profound affect on me 10 years later.

Every 9/11, I cry. I will til the day I die.

One of my friends used to be in a relationship with a fireman, after it happened he and a few other British firefighters went to NY to help with the clean up. He was so upset and traumatised by what he experienced that he had to have counselling when he came back and my friend said he was never same person.
If it could affect an outsider so badly, I dread to think how all those poor people who lost loved ones must have felt, not to mention the people of New York whose lives and landacape were changed forever. my heart goes out to them all xx

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

One of the saddest days in history :sad: My heart goes out to everyone who has been affected by that horrible act. I still remember watching it on tv in South Africa and how everyone was so shocked and I remember thinking how horrible it must have been for those on the plane knowing their fate and not being able to say one last good bye to the ones they love - brings me to tears just thinking about it :cry:

One of my saddest memories from that horrendous day and the days that followed is of several firemen carrying the body of a Catholic priest. That pic just did something to me that day and still affects me to this day.

I cannot believe 10 years and thousands MORE lives have been lost since 9-11-2001. My heart breaks for everyone who has lost someone to this senseless tragedy. :cry:

Being an American, this year is a very solemn one for us. When I watched the 2nd plane hit the 2nd tower, I knew the U.S. was under attack and that the world, MY world, as I knew it changed for ever. The world my son was going to grow up in wouldn't be the same world I grew up in. His reality was changed. His innocence lost.

I mourned the loss of my American brothers and sisters, firefighters, police officers, emergency personnel, civilians, all of them. I still mourn today. The events of 9/11 still have a profound affect on me 10 years later.

Every 9/11, I cry. I will til the day I die.

Your post gave me goosebumps. What a sad day it will be, can't believe it's been 10 years I can't even begin to imagine how slow that has gone for those who lost someone to 9/11. The firemen and everyone who helped are an inspiration. xx

We Shall Never Forget (9-11 Tribute)

Let the world always remember,
That fateful day in September,
And the ones who answered duties call,
Should be remembered by us all.

Who left the comfort of their home,
To face perils as yet unknown,
An embodiment of goodness on a day,
When men's hearts had gone astray.

Sons and daughters like me and you,
Who never questioned what they had to do,
Who by example, were a source of hope,
And strength to others who could not cope.

Heroes that would not turn their back,
With determination that would not crack,
Who bound together in their ranks,
And asking not a word of thanks.

Men who bravely gave their lives,
Whose orphaned kids and widowed wives,
Can proudly look back on their dad,
Who gave this country all they had.

Actions taken without regret,
Heroisms we shall never forget,
The ones who paid the ultimate price,
Let's never forget their sacrifice.