A Curing Conundrum for my Fellow Geeks

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simsarahlou

Reaction score
:grr:

ello.
well i have just finished doing my own gel polish nails (i use opi axxium) and for the first time ever the finish is not 100% shiney. i have dull patches :cry:.
i have tried buffing the surface (with a shinner not a grit buffer) no change apart from the shiney bits got shinier.

so i applied another layer of topcoat and cured again. same thing. and it seems to be affecting the first quarter of the nail from the cuticle up. how rude! naughty dull bits. well then i thought maybe im not removing the sticky layer right so i very thoroughly removed the stick layer, no change. and i know what your all gonna say first. i need to change my bulbs....well im sure i have only done about 50 sets so this seems a little premature to me. i have an APN 36 watt lamp with 4x 9watt bulbs inside. you only need an 18watt lamp for axxium but on my training they said to stick with the same times etc. i will add that my training was almost 2 years ago and i have never had this problem before. come on geeks help me out am i being stupid? :smack:

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you checked to make sure all bulbs come on when the lamp is on?

Are the bulbs clean? Sometimes they get dusty and that will mess up your cure. (I had that issue with my Microbond lamp back in the day) Good luck!

I agree with the others, it sounds like a problem with your bulbs.:wink2:

I'm thinking it might not be your bulbs but your lamp. You might want to invest in a new one. Maybe the OPI Axxium lamp if that's the system you use.

Your product is definitely not curing completely which can lead to allergic reaction of your customers to the product.

thanks guys i have ordered a new set of bulbs so hopefully that will sort it! i did remember that i dropped my lamp the other day and one of the bulbs fell out it didnt break and i just put it back in but maybe it dislodged the element. although it still lights up fine. anyway will find out when my new bulbs arrive but i feel hopefull as i have had no problems ever before with this system,

Latest posts

Back