A deodorant issue!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlalouise

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Need some idea's please.

I have a client who who I'm guessing doesn't wear deodorant or antiperspirant and the smell when she comes for treatments is really bad and not easy to get rid of. Now this client hasn't got a hygiene issue, at least I don't think she does, but I've got a feeling after losing quite a few of her family including husband to cancer and knowing she has read that deodorant is carcinogenic she has now decided not to use anything!

I get her reasoning behind this, however the smell has been mentioned by clients and staff and lingers long after she's gone, when doing her treatments it makes me feel quite ill but I can live with that what I can't deal with is the smell in the salon that you just can't get rid of.

So, I'm not about to tell her she stinks, I'm hoping eventually one of her work colleague's has a word but until then does anyone know of a way to eliminate the smell as quickly as possible?? So far everything we've tried hasn't worked!

Insest stick Shift!

Would it be possible to have a candle burning during her treatment? We have done this previously with certain clients

Have you heard of scentsy? They're wax warmers and you can get all different scents along with some strong ones. Would be a perfect soloution and cost effective compared to buying candles.

Geranium essential oil is good for this, you could use in numerous ways so you would need to work out the most suitable for you.

At home I put three to four drops into a tealight candle, in a holder. I also use it in a bowl with steaming hot water and dead sea salts (this is nice for the air), and as a home made deoderant mix four to five drops with a guestimate amount of coconut oil, mix and use - sounds oily, but works well and is also really nice on clean fresh feet - love this in Summer!x

--- got to add to this if you are putting oils on your skin, you need to patch test first in case of reaction. Essential oils are very strong.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back