A job after NVQ level 2??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justified7t7

Reaction score
So Salon managers and owners here is one for you guy's? would you give me job in your salon after completing my NVQ level 2? or would you require me to be more qualified, or would you employ me and then support me with extra learning?:):):):)

So Salon managers and owners here is one for you guy's? would you give me job in your salon after completing my NVQ level 2? or would you require me to be more qualified, or would you employ me and then support me with extra learning?:):):):)

Personally I'd do a trade test, see how competent you are and your weak/strong skills and of course give you training to get you to the standard I and my clients expect, so in a nutshell if you were worth my time and training and I thought you'd be an asset then yes I would.

Personally I'd do a trade test, see how competent you are and your weak/strong skills and of course give you training to get you to the standard I and my clients expect, so in a nutshell if you were worth my time and training and I thought you'd be an asset then yes I would.

I was asked to do a trade test for aprentiship, with 2 others, it was really good but I feel it should have been 1 applicant at a time, i don't think they noticed how much I did compared to the others who wandered about when not busy while I was taking off the dead leads off the palm tree and washing the pots etc... So my best advice would be to spend as much time in the employers eye tidying or cleaning instead of the jobs that actually need doing. Xoxo

I expect all stylist's in my salon to be either trained to NVQ level 3 or in training for NVQ L3, (exceptions to this are my stylist's who trained before NVQ's existed and have other qualifications).

If I was you I would apply for Level 3 so you can go to interviews and be able to tell potential employers you are doing it as a matter of course, because you want to be as qualified as possible, that would impress me, and a good salon will support you through that.

But be aware any good salon will probably want to do some amount of re training to get you to their salon standard.

Good luck.

x

I expect all stylist's in my salon to be either trained to NVQ level 3 or in training for NVQ L3, (exceptions to this are my stylist's who trained before NVQ's existed and have other qualifications).

If I was you I would apply for Level 3 so you can go to interviews and be able to tell potential employers you are doing it as a matter of course, because you want to be as qualified as possible, that would impress me, and a good salon will support you through that.

But be aware any good salon will probably want to do some amount of re training to get you to their salon standard.

Good luck.

x

I'm only level 2 and had no problems! But I was in a salon throughout my placement so I've worked my way through level 3 without having the paper!

Hi Bluerinse,

Thats the way I do it in my place, the reason being that I usually keep my staff on from trainee to stylist and I do like them to have some outside influence's. The also go on Goldwell course's every year.

I know other places have other systems, as long has the training is good, I guess it all makes a good stylist.

I think my point is (though I did not make it clear) for the OP to show initiative and enthusiasm.

x

Latest posts

Back