A little less wisdom???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nail Love

Reaction score
I know I tend to waffle on about nothing much when I write, but as well as Nails, Pole dancing (for fitness only), wakeboarding and driving people mad, I really enjoy writing. I usually work full time in an office and spend most of my working day talking and writing at a computer. However this past week, I was given time off for "special" leave because I had my four wisdom teeth removed!!!!
During this week, I have been absolutely shattered, moody, achey, in pain, and above all, bored bloody stiff!!!!! (excuse the language!!) I have gone through stages where I have been too tired to sleep, mostly at late hours like this, too ill to get on the pole and too "lifeless" to get my nail kit out and start playing with my finger tips. I have spent more hours than what would be classed as healthy sat infront of this square machine and even more hours wrapped up in bed feeling sorry for myself, because I dont have the energy to do anything!!!! Like I said, I usually work full time and my house is normaly spotless, my dogs are walked two hours a day and everything is usually ready for the next day. This week, my routine is in tatters!!!! I cant wait to get back to work, (Im not allowed yet because the pain is so bad I need the painkillers...The pain killers make me want to sleep and so it goes on, a viscious circle!!)
Prior to the op, yes of course they knocked me out for it, I was so apprehensive about having a needle put into the back of my hand that at one point, I actually forgot that I was going in to have my teeth removed!!! Then after the anaethetist, the surgeon and several nurses/theatre staff had taken more time than what should have been necesary to persuade me (a 31 year old) to let them stick that "thing" in my hand, it dawned on me what I was actually about to go through!! aarrrgghh.... but, then, it was over in a flash. I was knocked out - brought round, feeling slightly groggy and pleased that my mouth didnt actually hurt!!!! it didnt hurt too much the day after either, but the third day, oh yes, that was pain!!!! I was like a baby!!!! I couldnt move because it hurt too much:irked: Thats when it all started!!! my friends came round to check I was ok, my boyfriend stayed over and all this at the same time that I had decided to rescue another Doberman (who barks at everything, wont let my cats in the house and just wont leave anything alone!!) By this stage I just wanted to be left to sit in my own self pity....... I wanted my house, with nobody in it, not even the new dog, but the phone calls kept coming and people kept coming round, at one point I was considerng going to work for some peace!! Now I know its nice of people to care so much, and I know they all meant well, but I'd just had four huge parts of my Jawbone removed!!!! I had no patience, and still to this day, I cant sleep. It's not due to the pain because the painkillers are seriously strong, but I think my mind is still waiting for me to do "something!!!" Im so bored!!!! and awake and theres nobody else awake at this time so thought Id share all this with you....... thanks for reading, sorry if Ive waffled and great stuff if you reply!!! :)))

Awwe you poor thing :hug: I had to have mine out too under anesthetic as they were impacted but that was many years ago , dont worry about the house , you can catch up when you are feeling a bit better, just do what you can when you can doesnt matter about the time ,

tell your friends you are just wanting to rest in bed on doctors orders ,
perhaps they could see to the dogs for you while you stay in bed ,
pile it on , so you dont have to move lol x :hug:

Well you'll probably be told that you should blog this:green: but before this happens I'll share my deepest sympathy. My then boyfriend now husband told me it wouldn't hurt and I remember coming round after having mine removed whimpering pathetically, Paul, I want Paul, the nurse very sympathetically said, is that your husband and in my groggy state I said, No! its my ba****d lying boyfriend and I'm going to kill him:eek:
Needless to say everyone laughed at me and I was the talk of the whole hospital:rolleyes:
The new dog, start as you mean to go on, every time he barks, squirt him with a water pistol or make a noise with a squeaky toy to distract him. He's trying to find his place in the pack and he needs to know you are the boss lol
Friends:rolleyes: well you could squirt them with the water pistol too:green: Bless em, they mean well:hug:

Latest posts

Back