A success story to inspire you all!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Delisnails

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

After chatting with Dianne from Creative I took up on one of her suggestions which was to try and get a room in a local gym, which is how she started. I phoned quite a lot but to no avail then last night I managed to speak to a great manager of a gym who wants me to go and see him for a chat.

I am so excited but after being at home with children for 3 years absolutey petrified, and do not have very much confidence, I am new to nails so I am unsure what he will be looking for, I have lots of ideas in my head and I plan on taking my certs, brochures etc can anyone let me know if there is anything specific I should have with me, will he expect me to have a business plan etc!

I don't think he'll expect a full business plan but take along a portfolio of your work as well as your kit as he may want you to do a demo. Have in mind the terms you want, ie do you want to work on a percentage basis or a rental basis, do you provide your own products, will you be included in the gyms advertising, etc, etc. Do a search on hear about renting and you'll get loads of tips. Think of the positives that you can take to the gym, be positive and confident. Good luck!

how exciting. think of how many members gyms have, it'll be great. You just need to make sure that people who aren't members of the gym can still come to your salon. you don't want to lose out that way. good luck!! let us know how you get on xx

CONGRATULATIONS. hope all goes well keep us posted.

Hi hun, how nice to see you live in wakefield, i live just round the corner, just outside ossett! Which gym is it you have applied to? I also trained with diane at creative, she is fab isnt she? Let me know how you get on xx

Good Luck! Don't be petrified be confident. Hope it works out for you.

thanks everyone for all your support, I feel lots better.

I have checked out other threads from this site and got lots of information, being nervous at 39 is a bit silly, but as I am confident in what I know I am sure I will be ok.

Also typed up a bit of a cv with ideas I have.

thanks again

Just thought I would update everyone on how its going for me at the gym, at first it was really slow and hard work carrying in all my stuff everytime I worked, but I have put on some specials and done some free mini manis and it has taken off big style, I am booked up at the gym till after easter and doing nails 3 or 4 times a week on an evening, I cant believe it.

Also isnt it great when someone comes back saying how fantastic their nails have been, one of my clients did that at the beginning of the week she was so excited and god doesnt it give you a boost - it looks like all that practising is eventually paying off - lets just hope it continues.

Thanks again all you geeks for all you encouragement and ideas

Adel ... you have my congratulations and you deserve it.

I'm sure that there are many who will be inspired by your success and dedication and sheer determination, even though you were a bit scared at the time, you went for it and it is now, rightly, paying off for you.

:hug:

Well done Adel - onwards and upwards. News has obviously spread at how good you are.:hug:

Well done seems like you are doing really well.

Thats great news, I enjoyed reading your update. Well done!!

Congratulations to you!

I LOVE a good success story!

BTW - did you ever do a business plan? I would strongly recommned doing one if you haven't. It will help you to expand and grow!

Good luck,

Kx

Ah well done hun, I'm really pleased for you. How mch do they charge you at the gym? - my local one was asking 50%! x

Karen said:
Congratulations to you!

I LOVE a good success story!

BTW - did you ever do a business plan? I would strongly recommned doing one if you haven't. It will help you to expand and grow!

Good luck,

Kx

I started to but have not finished it, I feel like I am catching my tail at the moment, I am starting to have to turn clients down as I cant fit them in!!

kateyork1 said:
Ah well done hun, I'm really pleased for you. How mch do they charge you at the gym? - my local one was asking 50%! x

25% but I dont have to pay anything of special offers which I put on each month which helps.

Latest posts

Back