A1 Assessors Award - help!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

L119

Reaction score
Hi there,

I am just starting my assessors award. I have to write my statement and assessment plans - I'm really stuck as i don't understand the terminology. I saw my assessor last week for the 2nd time, but she really didn't help me at all as I still didn't understand how to write it?

I found PTLLS quite easy and everyone said this award is much easier, but I just can't get my head round it - anyone able to help me a little???

Thank you in advance x

:Scared:

Thanks for your reply.

I'm going to cover the waxing unit and have my candidates etc but need to write 3 assessment plans covering 4 assessment methods - i don't even know where to start, any ideas on the sort of thing I should be writing?

I also need to write a short piece inducting them on the course.

I'm trying to do A1.1 to start with which covers the above.

I have only every lectured and never assessed so its all new to me! thank you for reading and offering to help x

Ok so for your 3 assessment plans they will be one for each unit for are covering for your 2/3 students.

So for examples sake, lets use BT6 Waxing.. your assessment plan would go something like this..

We are going to be covering observations, oral questioning, product evidence and professional discussion for this unit Bt6. The reasons for covering this for my Student would be observations are fair, safe, reliable blahblah and explain why it is these things and why it its better for your student that you have done it this way.

I found my assessors award was very 'Do it Yourself' and felt very lost at times just make sure you cover the criteria needed and you will be find, are you doing this with the examining body OCR?

That is such a massive help, thank you so much - I understand the assessment methods now, thats made it so much clearer - thank you for taking the time to write that exapmle for me, its just what I needed to understand what i was supposed to be doing!.

Can I just ask though.. I am doing waxing BT6 as my unit with 2/3 students, so how would I do 3 different plans? Could I do it for 3 different ares to be waxed do you think?

Big thank you again, you have been a huge help.

P.S yes its OCR

dont see why you couldnt do it on 3 different areas. x

You have to do your assessments over three different units, not just BT6, I cant believe they haven't told you this!! I'd recommend doing G6/G4 as it requires less assessments.

oh right, thanks for that info. Nope, I told my assessor I would be doing Unit BT6 - which is what the beauty tutor suggested I do and the A1 assessor said that sounds ok, she certainly never explained it had to be 3 seperate units.

Wish I had a more helpful assessor!

So can I just clarify - If I have to do 3 different units, is that 3 units with each candidate?

I have 3 candidates so would I do 3 assessment plans and assess 3 different units with each candidate? or can I do one unit with each of them?

Sorry I'm sooooooooooo confused!

So can I just clarify - If I have to do 3 different units, is that 3 units with each candidate?

I have 3 candidates so would I do 3 assessment plans and assess 3 different units with each candidate? or can I do one unit with each of them?

Sorry I'm sooooooooooo confused!

hiya

ok - this is what i had to do

3 units - 2 candidates

you have to do 2 full units and the 3rd unit can be partially assessed

so for example I did:

1st candidate - unit BT4 - complete unit
unit BT5 - was partially assessed

2nd candidate - unit BT7 - complete unit

you need to have a variety of assessment methods used - so over the units for the learners I assessed we covered practical assessment, written
test paper questions, oral questions, plus APL and also witness testimony

you need to have copies of all treatment plans they complete, copies of log books pages once unit signed off and also has been IV'd as well, copies of assessment and feedback plans, written record of oral questions I asked learner after practical assessment

you will also be doing a professional discussion with your A1 assessor and you will probably have to do written statements for anything that is not covered by doing all the above - ie 2 of the written statements i did were about the NVQ appeals procedure and also ILP's

if you need anymore info let me know

hope this helps
Nicola

I think Nicolas Summed that up perfectly there. Just do one assessment plan for each unit you are doing, so that will be 3 assessment plans for each unit. Not 9 plans or anything like that!

Any other help you need just shout. Although you should be getting it from your tutor.. however mine was very unhelpful also!

Another Tip, if you cant cover APL, you can just do a write up on what APL is and how you would assess someone for it and cover it in the logbook.

Thank you everyone - you have been really helpful x

Latest posts

Back