Aahhh I can't open my new CND lamp??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woo87

Reaction score
I have just received all my Shellac goodies ready for my training next week.

One problem I can't open the top of the lamp following instructions but no luck. What am I doing wrong???

X

Lol, don't worry I found it hard to open first time as well. Feels like you're gonna break it! But you won't.

Have a look at this video showing you how to open it :)

CND lamp tricks - YouTube

I found it hard too! Until I looked at the video the previous poster said then it was easy peasy.

I hope you enjoy your course!
Rhiannon x

I've had mine for a couple of years now and still struggle. The other day I couldnt work it out so watched the video - did what was said and ended up breaking the lugs off!

It still works tho and I cant afford to buy a new one so I just have to be really careful when carrying it!! On the plus side its really easy to open now LMAO

Karaxxx

I've had mine for a couple of years now and still struggle. The other day I couldnt work it out so watched the video - did what was said and ended up breaking the lugs off!

It still works tho and I cant afford to buy a new one so I just have to be really careful when carrying it!! On the plus side its really easy to open now LMAO

Karaxxx
lol!

Got mine a few weeks ago took me all afternoon to open it lol!! Keep trying you'll get it in the end.Xx

Oh I'm so glad to see I'm not the only one! Really thought was going to break it but like original poster said at least if I did its really easy to open now. Lol

Thanks for the video I have manage it now. Just another hurdle to get over now removing the blue film it's completely glued!

Take an orange wood stick or nail brush. Place the end against the lower left side of the top to the lamp close to the front. be careful not to touch the bulb. Apply pressure until it magically pops open! Works EVERY time. HTH!

Managed to get it off once but once only so will try your magical tip tomorrow. Thanks
Who new a lamp would be so difficult lol

X

I need to make a YouTube video lol hopefully I explained it correctly.

You just need to push out the sides cover and voilaa

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Oh I wish I had a tenner for every time I have heard this!!

I can sympathise though as I could not get mine open for love nor money and was getting so frustrated, I eventually gave it to my OH to try and I told him how to do it and it opened first time.....grrrr!

Lol, don't panic! After that the training will seem super easy! x

I struggled with the first two lamps I bought, got home from the salon and watched Fingernailfixer (I think) demonstrate the opening .. sooo flipping easy.

Went back into work and within 5 seconds opened them.

Got two more lamps this Thursday. Tried for 20 minutes to open one of these damn machines ... seriously, I was sweating lol.

My colleague came in for her shift, saw the lamps and excitedly started to get them ready.

I was watching through slitted eyes lol.

Nope she couldn't do it either.

So we had to get the You Tube video up on phone - 5 seconds later both lamps were open and we were busy removing the blue tape.

We should put the man/woman who designed these otherwise wonderful lamps on the design of border controls .. none of us would get out but more importantly unwanted and illegal aliens wouldn't be able to get in :wink2:

Latest posts

Back