Accepting tips?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lktanning

Reaction score
Where do you girls ladies & fellas stand on accepting tips after you've done a treatment? I did a spray tan tonight and I was tipped £10 extra, which I was very hesitant to accept!

I always tip waiters and don't think anything of it, but I always feel quite embarrassed when somebody tips me.

Thoughts? :) xxx

Exactly! We tip after a lovely meal do t we so accept graciously with a thank you, you must of done a great job!

That's what I thought! I don't protest too much as think people can find that rude too but I'm not sure why I have such trouble accepting a compliment! haha x

I get embarrased too when someone tips me... i feel like I should give them it back! But they are very pleased with what I've done for them and I'd do the same but your right it does feel strange when someone tips you lol

I was tipped with a real juicy couture bag earlier this week. It was crazy!!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Where do you girls ladies & fellas stand on accepting tips after you've done a treatment? I did a spray tan tonight and I was tipped £10 extra, which I was very hesitant to accept!

I always tip waiters and don't think anything of it, but I always feel quite embarrassed when somebody tips me.

Thoughts? :) xxx

I received £40 tip today l was like what? Pinch me please ha xx

I got sent a £80 meal voucher once - that's my limit lol! Oh and a client is taking me out for lunch next week which will be nice :) xx

When I first started I done 2 treatments for this guy and his girlfriend (quite a well known game producer, which I did not know at the time!!) totalling £45, he gave me £60 I was delighted!! A couple of times I've been tipped £5 which I think is lovely, I get excited with £1 lol but then I'm saving my pound coins up for New York next year so it's nice! I always say thanks so much some people are like em it's only £1? But it shows to me they like what I am doing xx

My thoughts - if they tip you, take it and thank them!
I used to be hesitant about taking tips, especially big tips, until a few years ago, a girl I worked with had a lady offer her £10 tip, she said oh are you sure? The woman said yes, friend said oh you don't have to, so the woman said 'ok' and put it back in her purse! Haha so ever since then I just smile and say Thankyou! Xx

I remember working in a hotel and was asked to help room service with a breakfast tray. I delivered it to this American man's room and he gave me £10 tip. When you're 16 (and some years ago!) that was a massive amount of money, I nearly fainted! Lol x

I'm as grateful for 50p as I am for £20! It's the principle of tipping I think, rather than how much it is.

Definitely don't give them it back ha! Clients know how much they're tipping you, and if they give you the cash they're happy to do so! I just smile and say thank you.

I feel like a tip is much easier to accept off a client you don't know compared to family or friends! I don't want anybody to feel they have to tip me because they know me lol

My thoughts - if they tip you, take it and thank them!
I used to be hesitant about taking tips, especially big tips, until a few years ago, a girl I worked with had a lady offer her £10 tip, she said oh are you sure? The woman said yes, friend said oh you don't have to, so the woman said 'ok' and put it back in her purse! Haha so ever since then I just smile and say Thankyou! Xx

This happened to me once - I was horrified!

I always say "Thankyou, how lovely of you!" and accept it. One thing I don't do is count it in front of the client! I've seen therapists do this before and cringed!

I was given £70 tips a few times from a gent but he was very sleazy and I decided it wasn't worth it - yuck!

i was working for a salon in Northern Ireland and had this guy come in every week for a massage he used to tip very generously..... Turns out he was having an affair with a local politicians wife!!! Was in the paper and everything she was giving him money.... Guess i know where my tips were coming from haha

I love tips! I'll accept them graciously so that they'll tip again next time. Lol.

I once received a 10p tip from a lady I did a £35 treatment on. She wasn't old so that want her excuse but I found it more of an insult. As if to say, is that all you think I'm worth? I'd rather no tip. Anyway, she's a regular now and gives better tips. Maybe she made a mistake and thought it was £2 coin or something.

Anyway, I have regulars that always tip and regulars that never do and it makes no difference in the way I feel about them. I still love them all!

I love tips! When i was in a salon i used to put all my tips in a pot i couldnt open so one year i had enough to pay for a holiday to ibiza with the girls! I still receive tips now im mobile and i put that in a pot too x

Some clients to and some don't. I'm always grateful and say thank you even if it's 10p I think it's the gesture that counts. Best tip tho was a pair of jimmi choos!

I always feel slightly embarrassed accepting tips, but love it! When I worked in a spa I very rarely got tips as the clients didn't carry cash with them, with wearing dressing gowns. Now I work in a salon I get so much more.

I may be shot down here but does anyone feel slightly pissed off when you spend a lot of time with someone, do them a really love treatment then they come out and say how amazing it was for you to tell them it comes to say £78 and they keep the £2? Lol I know that sounds really awful but I just think tight arse! Xx

I always feel slightly embarrassed accepting tips, but love it! When I worked in a spa I very rarely got tips as the clients didn't carry cash with them, with wearing dressing gowns. Now I work in a salon I get so much more.

I may be shot down here but does anyone feel slightly pissed off when you spend a lot of time with someone, do them a really love treatment then they come out and say how amazing it was for you to tell them it comes to say £78 and they keep the £2? Lol I know that sounds really awful but I just think tight arse! Xx

haha yes i do especially if im having to root around for change

In all honesty £80 is a lot of money to a lot of people. I know my partner would probably do just that because as a student getting her hair done is a real treat for her and £80 is a chunk of money away from the house. I wouldn't dream of spending that on my hair but that's men I think ;)

I don't remember last time I spent £80 on myself.

Latest posts

Back