Accutane, before, during and after

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beauty_sarah

Reaction score
hey geeks,

so maybe some of you will find this mad that i am posting pictures of myself with NO makeup what so ever, but i have battled cystic acne for almost a year and wanted to share my experience for anyone looking into roaccutane........

i am 23 and always suffered with stops but after having the coil (hormone) fitted i developed cystic acne, severe the docs called it......
so i went to the dermatologist who put me on 20mg, then 30mg now 40mg, on Saturday i will be finishing just over 5 months of treatment and im so happy with the results, still a bit to go but im going on hol in august and it was the best thing for me and my skin to come off it.

for anyone looking into this treatment and is worried about side effects the only side effects I got were 1. dry lips 2. dry skin(mostly down my arms which i suffered with before), 3. dry, swore nose.

im not saying it was an easy ride though, i am sick to the back teeth of taking tablets, applying thick layers of nivea all over me and not being able to drink (which i have a little :p) but i can say that it was worth every min of it.....

so look at my pics of before, during and after and let me know about your experiences or veiws,
thanx for reading.

p.s(the long red scar on the jaw line is from having a birth mark removed when i was two, not an acne scar
:)

First two are before
Second during
Third after, me tonight!!!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1341872786.418169.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1341872786.418169.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 23,744
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1341872807.021468.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1341872807.021468.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 40,354
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1341872825.798442.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1341872825.798442.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 16,664
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1341872836.832314.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1341872836.832314.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 3,455
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1341872894.065905.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1341872894.065905.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 4,393
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1341872914.660749.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1341872914.660749.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 13,647
Wow. Glad you found something that worked for you!! Have a great holiday too :) x

That's fantastic hun :) bet you feel great. Such an improvement :) xxx

Thats fantastic!! Must be so hard dealing with such sore skin. I hope you feel more confident now. x

Thanks yeah I am more confident now! Thank u for your comments x

Well done you, it's not always an easy road but worth all the trying times.

My 17 year old son has just finished his 7 month course. He was prescribed it in October and was very self concience, especially as he had just started going out with his girlfriend.

The difference has been amazing, his skin in completely clear now. He had spots all over his face, neck & back and they'd been getting worse since he was about 13. The doctors were very helpful and always listened to what he wanted. We just kept on top of the spots over the last 3 1/2 years, he was really good using the pills and potions give to him by the doctors, he also exfoliated & used tea tree oil regularily. However, over the summer they just went into overdrive and thats when he decided more drastic action was needed.

Like you he did suffer, especially with dry lips, dry skin on his hands and lower arms and he had a few nose bleeds but he's been so happy with the results he says it was all worth it. On the plus side he never had greasy hair!

Karaxxx

wow, the results are amazing! xx

Aw bless him! It's not nice at all, being a beauty therapist you are supposed to look amazing and a few clients did look ate strange when I told them that I would be doing their facial!!!! Glad he's much better it's not nice for men to have it as us girls can cover it up!

Hi hun, i know your dc prob already told you this but STAY OUT OF THE SUN!!!!! You are at major risk of pigmentation, your meds were photosensitive so dont get waxed either. 6 mths. Im so pleased for you though

Thanx hun yeah I know all these things, anything I use or try is researched as much as possible :)

Wooow the results are amazing,enjoy ur holiday x

I was part of the first trials for roaccutane. am 42 now and I have to say that I still have the side effects (dry nose eyes and lips) but it was SOOOOOOOO worth it.

It makes me so happy and proud to read that others are still experiencing the great results.
well done you for giving it a go, your skin as you age wont hardly wrinkle.

I had used ROC ever since and I swear by it, Dr Beer ( my consultant ) told me to use it and now I do and I have him to thank for my skin.

my skin is not perfect and plays me up sometimes but its fine really. nothing compared to how it was. I only have a few scars.

tigi

xxxx

Wow I hope I don't have the side effects! My bf was on it at the same time as me and he's fine! How ever my ex suffered badly with dry eyes afterwards and still does!

Thanx hun :)

Just thought I'd update this post with another picture. It's almost been a year since I took roacutane, so for anyone who's suffering and looking for info thought id post a pic of me now. Took this picture last night and I am thrilled to bits!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1355259487.803872.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1355259487.803872.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 3,626
So that was before and this is now.... Excuse the lazy eye lol

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1355259535.003662.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1355259535.003662.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 14,671
So that was before and this is now.... Excuse the lazy eye lol

Wow your skin looks almost perfect now! I bet it looks flawless when you have your makeup up. Good to see you found a solution and good to see that roaccutane worked for you it gets a bad rep so hopefully people will read this and decide to try it as a last resort. X

That's partly the reason I posted an update! Thank u, not completely flawless with makeup but I'm happy! :)

Thank you so much for posting this. I have booked an appointment at a Dermatologist for my 14yr old son with his skin, we have tried everything from doctors to no avail, I was worried in case the dermatologist prescribed this but feel more confident now if he does. I just hope if he does get it prescribed, it works as well for him as it has for you, I just want him to get his confidence back x

Wow what a difference, thanks so much for sharing your pics x

Latest posts

Back