acetone acetone acetone or...product remover..

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
we are being taught at the moment to remove with acetone (from a distributer) with the pad and foil method,but to coat the skin surrounding the nail with vasiline prior to applying the acetone,to act as a barrier.

Nailsinlondon1 said:
Yep with you on this one Liza, Buffered is better.......and if you work smart then the cost difference is minimal as you dont spend more money on products that will rehydrate and slow your service time down..as after all that rehydrating you then will have to dehydrate to get a non barrier free nailplate for the next enhancement service... all in all money well spend I would say...... sometimes what looks dearer is actually not and this is deffo one product....
This is a fantastic thread ruth Yep now I've read the evidence I also am going try this method too. If nobody gives you an explanation you end using it year in year out not Knowin why! Well maybe because that's the way you was taught in so many different places!!! Eventually acetone will be out of my life forever. Yes and it does make a bloody mess too!!!!

Eventually acetone will be out of my life forever. Yes and it does make a bloody mess too!!!!

I presently use acetone which I 'assume' is buffered as it's distributed by my local dist/school. I will check tomorrow to find out.
But, in my experience with both acetone and a 'remover' is that they BOTH make a mess.
Although, will definately try the foil method next time. That sounds much tidier and like it wastes MUCH less product.

VHunter said:
I presently use acetone which I 'assume' is buffered as it's distributed by my local dist/school. I will check tomorrow to find out.
But, in my experience with both acetone and a 'remover' is that they BOTH make a mess.
Although, will definately try the foil method next time. That sounds much tidier and like it wastes MUCH less product.

i use the foil method and love it, never tried the soaking in a bowl way..yet :)

Latest posts

Back