acetone on a rebalance

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poshpinks

Reaction score
Hi all just would like some advice as a friend of mine suggested that when doing a rebalence that to wrap the nails in acetone soaked cotton wool for awhile just to take the top layer of and so less filing reducing time. My only concern is that this may course more lifing than normal what is your veiws on this please. sorry for the spelling mistake.

Last edited:
A re-balance on L&P? I have never heard of using this procedure during a rebalance. IMHO, it would compromise the integrity of the product left on the nailbed.

Also, once you develop a good filing technique, I think it would take LESS time to file the re-balance than it would to wrap each finger, wait for the acetone to work, take wrap off and STILL file the gunky layers off.

Best of luck! :)

this is what i was thinking i have always filed in a rebalence and thought this was maybe a new way of doing rebalence.?

Give it a try and report back!

Filling technique is paramount, once you get it right, you shave loads of time of the over all rebalance.

xxx

guess i could , think i will try it and see if it will make any difference to the nails.

it would compromise the integrity of the product left on the nailbed.
Bang on!

It would indeed damage and alter the chemistry of the remaining product - Acetone works by absorbing in and breaking up the chains in the enhancment. The more it breaks the further through it can soak.

It will do more than remove the surface it will effectively corrupt the layers below as well - which makes putting a strong layer over the top pointless as your now 'building your house on sand'

hths

Bang on!

It would indeed damage and alter the chemistry of the remaining product - Acetone works by absorbing in and breaking up the chains in the enhancment. The more it breaks the further through it can soak.

It will do more than remove the surface it will effectively corrupt the layers below as well - which makes putting a strong layer over the top pointless as your now 'building your house on sand'

hths

I agree! NOT a technique that should be tried. Even if it has been tried with no ill effects! The acetone will penetrate the bonds and the bond with the nail plate. It will destabilise the remaining overlay.

Why bother when gentle and brief buffing will do the same job quicker than applying all the foils!?

Just stick to what you know is correct proceedure. Allen and Marian have covered it all.

To work with the procedure your 'friend' has suggested is just plain idiotic chemistry-wise and completely pointless any other-wise! It benefits you in no way at all. Deanosnana is right. Don't believe everything you are told, especially if it doesn't make any sense at all!!

Latest posts

Back