Acetone waste..

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HappyHands

Reaction score
well as some of you know i,m going to do it this year. yep all the way.. little steps but i,m going mobile !!!! i have my little bin, i have my nappy sacks to put in the bin, i have my trolly, but what do i put the waste acetone in when i have finished:irked:..Just wondering what you guys who are mobile (or even shop based) how do you dispose of the acetone that you have used for soak off,s...

well as some of you know i,m going to do it this year. yep all the way.. little steps but i,m going mobile !!!! i have my little bin, i have my nappy sacks to put in the bin, i have my trolly, but what do i put the waste acetone in when i have finished:irked:..Just wondering what you guys who are mobile (or even shop based) how do you dispose of the acetone that you have used for soak off,s...
we use used coach roll or kitchen roll to soak up the excess acetone left, then put in a peddle bin liner, knotted, then in a strong black bin liner with the rest of the rubbish.

I take an old yicky towel and soak it up, then put it aside to dry out so I can either wash it or toss it :)

You cant wash it wet, its flammable. You cant toss it, it melts almost everything :)

It usually dries out overnight. :)

I soak up with kitchen towel or couch roll, then dispose in pedal bin liner and tie knot.

I dont have waste acetone after soak offs as i use the cotton wool soaked in acetone and wrapped in foil method, its alot easier and not as messy hth

I dont have waste acetone after soak offs as i use the cotton wool soaked in acetone and wrapped in foil method, its alot easier and not as messy hth

I also use the soaked in cotton and then wrtap in tin foil. I put the cotton pads in the bin but there is normally so little acetone/product remover used that it has evaperated by time it goes onto the bin.

make sure you use enough kitchen roll to fully absorb the acetone, dont put it in the bin liner dripping wet, or else it will melt through. thats what i did when i was mobile. now in salon, i use a sonic soaking machine and after use i soak up with the coach roll, put lid on and let it dry out over night (thats if its not needed again on that day) till its gone hard then dispose in the bin.
Dont do what some do and flush down the loo or sinks!!! it will melt the pipes!:eek:

I use the kitchen roll method as well, though as a mobile tech I normally have a carrier bag with me which I use for all the rubbish. On getting home it goes straight into the big bucket ready for the binmen.

Ok i tried this method but after i wrapped up my right hand in the cotton balls and foil i could not do the same to my other hand as i had the foil lump fingertips.
It was a very frustrating first attempt at the cotton ball and foil method:mad: drove me buts so i dont think i will do it again.

I either do the evaporation of the acetone method, or soak it up with paper towel and double up on plastic bags and chuck it in the bin

how long do you have to have them wrapped for??? i have not done it this way but it sounds great..

Using cosmetic pads I seperate the two halves and soak them is acetone, wrap this around the nail and then parcel the nail in a square of foil. Wrap the hands in towels (to keep warm) or put them in heated mits, leave them about 20 mins before checking and repeat if neccasary x x x

Using cosmetic pads I seperate the two halves and soak them is acetone, wrap this around the nail and then parcel the nail in a square of foil. Wrap the hands in towels (to keep warm) or put them in heated mits, leave them about 20 mins before checking and repeat if neccasary x x x
oohh sounds good.. this is my new way :):)

Latest posts

Back