Acne treatment help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LashesinWonder

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

Hopping groups for some much needed advice form you skin geeks. I really hope you can help am getting so down now i dont know where to turn. So...I Have had acne for few years now and had acne through recent pregnancy. It hasnt improved or gotten worse at any point.
I was on medicine from the GP and may ask to go back on it now ive given birth. But it didnt do much so im not hopeful. I didnt have acne as a teenager it has been an adult thing. At 26 i am now coming to the end of my tether. It is really affecting my confidence. Especially as i am dealing with all the after birth things too.
My acne is all on the chin area, and consists of whiteheads and blackheads. I also have alot of scarring from the years of it. But i still have active areas of acne.
So my question is what acne treatments would you recommed if i were to pay for it myself. I have read good things about light theraphy like the acu-clear and laser theraphy like the Nlite. Any experiences you may have had with any of these would be most appreciated. Also if you provide these treatments details would be excellent. Im in the north London area. Ideas of prices that you paid/charge would also be helpful as i am on a tight budget.

Thanks geeks :)

What do you use on your skin ATM? How much plain watr do you consume daily? And do you have much sugar in your diet?

Hi! Thanks for replying. I don't consume plain water. Can't stand it unfortunately. I drink vast amounts of Robinsons squash. I use clean and clear cleansing lotion for sensitive skin. And moisturise with clean and clear dual action moisturiser which is oil free. I find face washes dry my skin out and cause more spots. Im sure they are hormonal though as i get them on my jawline and behind my ears too :-( but its my chin that suffers and is very scarred x

Try BareMinerals.. I've always had rubbish, spotty, oily skin.... And since using the whole BareMinerals range ... I'm transformed!
I have genuinely tried (nearly) everything.. And this is the only product range I've ever used to have given me actual nice skin for the first time ever, since I was about 11 years old!
Hth xx

Hi bud. Thanks for the reply. So is there anything in particular you would recommend? Have you tried other treatments such as microdermabrasion? x

Hi bud. Thanks for the reply. So is there anything in particular you would recommend? Have you tried other treatments such as microdermabrasion? x

Hi, sorry your having a bad time, it can really get you down, I think chin area is hormones, I suffer too there are so many products I can say I've tried but I think it's seeing what works for you. Not sure I can list them I'll pm you x

Where on your face do you have your spots.?

was also wondering if your lymphatic system is a wee bit sluggish so a gentle finger press and release in rows accorss you face might help, from your chin working towards your head.

When I was learning galvanic facials at college, i had a model who swore by them, she was very spotty but they did help here.

also keep a food diary, every day, see whn you floare up the most and cut out what you had eaten a few days before.
corn might be the culprit which is in a lot of things!

hth xx

:( Microdermabrasion would really help and so would Spa Find products. I have suffered with my skin all my life and feel for you

Hi hun. My hubby had suffered from acne for a long time, im on the boots.product testing panel and was emailed with regards to a new acne treatment skincare range, i responded saying that tho i didnt need it it would be ideal for my husband.
The results where fantastic, ita that good i can tell.if hes been using it or not! Its called proactiv and its definately worth trying out. Its around the £40 mark for the kit and worth every penny. When he runs out we always replace it. U get a cleanser toner and moisturiser to use twice daily, hubby only used it once a day and saw results so twoce a day id say ur almost guaranteed :) if u want any more info please feel free to message me and good luck and congratulations on the new addition xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Hi hun. My hubby had suffered from acne for a long time, im on the boots.product testing panel and was emailed with regards to a new acne treatment skincare range, i responded saying that tho i didnt need it it would be ideal for my husband.
The results where fantastic, ita that good i can tell.if hes been using it or not! Its called proactiv and its definately worth trying out. Its around the £40 mark for the kit and worth every penny. When he runs out we always replace it. U get a cleanser toner and moisturiser to use twice daily, hubby only used it once a day and saw results so twoce a day id say ur almost guaranteed :) if u want any more info please feel free to message me and good luck and congratulations on the new addition xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I will second the pro active it's good stuff. Been using it since Christmas time and not had any acne at all. My worst area was also my chin and jawline. Sometimes got very painful spots around here. Now I only seem to get one or two pimples every so often (obviously before a night out!) it can really get you down when it gets bad :(

I got my original pro active from a friend who ordered it online for me, and loved it and then I ran out and got some from boots since they had started selling it.....but when I compared the bottles there were some ingredients missing from the boots one....aswell with the one I ordered online I got a day cream and a night cream( which contained retinol) but with the boots set I just got the day cream.

I've heard that the website automatically send you the kit and take the money once you "sign up" so be careful!

Im not a beauty therapist but I do have dermatillamania so i do have some tips for you savlon do a gel which is amazing it makes an improvement on my skin within an hour takes out the redness and helps heal the spots themselves contains an antiseptic etc its pretty lightweight and can be worn under foundation it also improved my overall skin tone and helped the apperance of the scars ive given myself by picking (part of the condition ) give it a whirl you have nothing to lose xx

Hello there, I am an therapist and have been for some time now and one thing I can tell you is that it is worrying that most therapists are never fully trained on acne treatments. so Im going to tell you about acne and hopefully this will help you treat it properly!

Firstly, acne is a hormonal problem so stop trying to cure it, its not possible untill your hormones settle, you can however keep it under contol.
There are 4 different types of acne, grade one is mostly closed comodones, 2 open and closed comodones and the occasional pustule, 3 is many open and closed comodones, many pustules and is very red and irritated and 4 is refurred to as cystic acne.

Genrally as thereapists we should not be touching type 3 and 4 because the likelyhood of us making it worse is to great. These poor souls are in the hands of dermatologists and gps. I dont like accutane and roaccutane as they cause a tempory trauma to your liver inhibiting the production of certai vitimins and dehydrating the skin, There are unfortunatly many horrible side effects but genrally the results are good. Dont wax someone untill they have been off these meds for at least 6 months!

So acne is basically this, your body over produces androgen, this causes an over production of blood to the sebaceous glands. Your glands then over produce oil and it cannot be released from the pore. This then causes a blockage and forms a bacteria called P.ACNE. The bacteria feeds on the oil and is so contagious that any pustules that are ruptured will just reform and probably bring friends with it.

Over stimulation will make it worse!!! Things like dermarollers will spread bacteria, as will microdermabrasion, and scrubbing to vigorously will stimulate more bloodflow, making it worse. If the products you use are to astringent and strips the whole face of oil, the sebaceous gland think the skin is not lubricated and will produce more oil.

Acne is about balancing the skin, anything that stimulates blood ie massage is out, anything that strips is out.

Use a product that is salicylic based. Sal acid is a lipophilic product and will eat through excess oil without dehydrating the skin. Ipl machines that work as low as a 410 wavelength will also help to kill bacteria and cause a slight trauma to the excess blood supply. You need to treat it inside and out! Clear the bacteria (sal acid) and shut off excess blood flow (low wavelength ipl)

I know ive gone on a bit but I hope this helps!

Having acne prolems?

I'v experienced that too and tried lots of medicine but it turns out
that im just wasting my money on it. .

finally I found this very helpful site that definitely solved my prolems
in a short period of time.

Now is the time to say goodbye to your acne. Very effective and useful.
You should try it yourself and be amaze.

Clink this link to know ways how to get rid of acne

Latest posts

Back