acrylic 3d nail art..help!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
hi, im very interested in getting into 3d acrylic nail art, i recently had some done in a nail salon in vegas, the lady applied nail polish and then put the acrylic on top of the npolish to create the design.. is that supposed to be done this way?

also, after she finished she then coated it with some sort of gel in a bottle and told me to cure it, which made the gems stay on for quite a while, am i suposed to use gel on top of the ACRYLIC 3d nail art, also on top of the polish? if so, which gel is best to use? thanx x

It depends on the look that your going for if you want the 3d to be shiny then yes a UV top coat over it, or a matte look with out the top coat.

Personaly I wouldn't do 3d over polish I would put it on to enhanced nails. But sometimes the best effects happen just by experimenting :) have fun and let us know how it goes.

ive applied 3d acrylic over polish on toes and they stayed put for weeks hth xx

Which salon did you use in Vegas? I am going back on the 20th of this month and might just take a look in there to see what they are up to.

Nail art is a lot about trying stuff and seeing if it works, sometimes it's great and sometimes disaster! If the art stayed on and looked good then it is ok to put on acrylic over polish! :green:

I apply 3D on acrylics and also on top of polish. Some ladies don't like acrylics but they like all types of art on their polish. It lasts for ages.

Latest posts

Back