Acrylic Advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

perfecttips

Reaction score
Hi all

I'm a bit fed up at the moment i've had a couple of my clients cancel on me recently for a few different reasons. I couple have been really nice and just said they have decided to give their nails a rest from enhancements or decided enhancements weren't for them - not sure if these were just excuses though!! One lady phoned to say that all her nails had come off and she didn't want them any more - which really made me fed up as i never normally get much lifting.

My main problem at the moment is getting the nail really smooth with a nice finish, I make sure my nails are thin (but strong at the apex) but some times they look uneven and then when I try and file them smooth I end up taking too much white acrylic off and end up having to apply it again. I wonder wether I would benefit from a skill building class. I use EZflow - could anyone recommend a good one?

I hardly ever get lifting and i'm not really sure why my clients aren't coming back - So any advice would be great.

Thanks

The lady might not have got on with having nails on, dont assume you have done anything wrong. Some ladies really enjoy trying to get the nails off! Some you win some you dont.

However, if you are not happy with the nails you are producing then I would invest in a skill building course. Your confidence will grow and so will your client base.

HTH Julie

Firstly, I would say that if you need to ask the question re skillbuilding - then yes you need it! Lets face it, non of us are perfect, and it never hurts to brush up our skills, you will prob find that your confidence will grow as well.

Secondly, its hard not to get paranoid when clients dont re book, or cancel, and I think that its part of us nail techs, we are so hard on ourselves!! Clients cancel for all sorts of reasos - and not always the reasons they tell us!!

So, if I were you Id get the ezflow skill builing booked, and in the meantime maybe do a 'special offer' on full sets to re gain your confidence, and always ask for feedback off regular clients.:)

Sounds as though an EzFlow Believe and Succeed Workshop would be perfect for you...This is basically an advanced workshop for existing and dedicated EzFlow Nail Technicians who want to perfect their skills. The day is basically centered around you and the areas you need to work on.

The cost is £75 + VAT per day and your local educator is Georgie Smedley... She is a fantastic educator who I am sure would well and truly be able to point you in the right direction and reinforce your confidence...

Just call our central distribution line: 0845 330 0840 or education line 0845 130 1511 to get hold of her!

Some people love the idea of nails, yet do not look ahead at the expensive of maintenance, you will always get drop outs, peoples lives change and sometimes their husbands don't understand the cost either, i have known several women to have the cost of their nails "cut off" by their husbands, or sometimes cost saving measures on their own behalf...... each client has their own reasons, you can't force someone to have nails.
Knowing you have done a good job means when they are ready they will come back to you when the time comes,........ but in the meantime, they will recommend future clients to you.
I would "never" pester a client to come back, after all it's "their choice".

Latest posts

Back