Acrylic Full Set

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CGritt

Reaction score
Hi again guys, was looking for a little bit of advice here.....

About a month ago i decided to try out a nail salon that had recently opened in my area, i'd never had my nails do at a salon before.

After i got home from having a full set of acrylic done i noticed one of my fingers began aching a little and thought that it might have been where the salon had over filed, they used a electric drill for their filing but is this a good move to be making???

The tip took me quite a while to remove after soakig them quite a while in acetone the eventually dissolved but my natural nails did feel rather thin, i dont know whether to return in future to this salon as i feel there is a large question mark over their prep (with the electric drill)

Any guidence, comments or advice would be greatly appreciated

Regards :irked:

Hi,
Ok, with out making judgment on the salon you went to and not knowing what condition your nails were before you went to the salon in question it's hard to know if it was the 'fault' of the salon or not.

There is nothing wrong with using nail drills as long as the person using them has been trained and knows what they are doing.

In saying that ,from what you say it does sound as if the nail tach has been a bit overselous (sp?) with the drill and has caused some damage to your natural nail.

As for whether you go back to the salon or not,that is your decision, but personally if I wasn't happy I would find somewere else.
A reputable salon will have no problem ansering any questions and concerns you have during a counsultation before you sit down and have your nails done.

Just as an after thought if you ever feel unhappy about a service again, a bit of advice would be to leave the removal of the nails to the salon concernd as this limits any comeback on yourself as too what damage,in the eyes of the salon, could have been caused with non proffessional removal.

If your nails are in a poor condition now and are sore to touch my advice would be to keep them short and if you decide to have enhancements put on stick to a natural nail overlay so that you have a layer of protection over them until the damamge grown out.
HTH
:hug:

Hello love, I have to agree with Del on this one. I use an e-file every time I do nails. I have a special bit made especially for natural nails and I have been properly trained. I also run the drill bit over the client's wrist before I ever touch her nails so that she can see that there is no pressure or severely abrasive grit on the bit.

Your nails should never hurt after a service is provided, so that would be the standard for me. If my nails were hurting after a service, I would not go back.

Hope this helps

Hi there,

Just out of curiosity where would you go to be trained in the use of an e-file? Sorry to hijack the thread a bit.

Thanks,

Nora

Hi there,

Just out of curiosity where would you go to be trained in the use of an e-file? Sorry to hijack the thread a bit.

Thanks,

Nora

Lots of nail companies offer this training,
NSI is the only one i can vouch for though, hth :hug:

I found the following info on the following website interesting.
It never ceases to amaze me that people will sit through a painful experience and even contemplate returning (or staying)...

MMA Information

First and foremost it is utterly important for all consumers receiving nail services to understand that these services are supposed to be relaxing and pleasurable, NOT painful.

• [*]
    If the technician hurts you - LEAVE
    [*]
    If the salon is dirty - LEAVE
    [*]
    If the technician is using DIRTY, USED implements, files etc on you - LEAVE
    [*]
    If the technician is using chemicals in unmarked containers - LEAVE
    [*]
    If the technician can not/will not answer your questions about the products used - LEAVE
    [*]
    If the technician can not/will not answer your questions about their sanitation procedures - LEAVE
    [*]
    If you are getting any type of enhancement service and the technician is slopping product all over, getting it on your skin - LEAVE
    [*]
    If the technician attempts to PRY or RIP off your current enhancements - LEAVE -- LEAVE RIGHT NOW --- LEAVE IMMEDIATELY
Nail services should NOT be painful. If the technician is causing you ANY pain, seek out another more qualified technician immediately, DO NOT allow the technician to continue the service. Seek out the state's complaint form and submit it promptly with photos if possible. Many states will only act upon receiving complaints from consumers.

Latest posts

Back