Acrylic gone grey..pls help!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautifulnails

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I am new to this site and new to Nails!...I have qualified and just started having my first clients!...I love it but I have a problem and I need advice!
I have this client who came 1 week ago for a refill of acrylic overlay (no tips)…she called me yesterday saying few nails are a greyish color!...why could that be?
I think she had clear acrylic before but I put on the pink (I don’t have clear!)…could that be why!...
Pls help…she is coming to see me tonight, …have I done sth wrong when I put them on?
Thanks…

I have seen this before in one of my clients. At the time I did not use a gel top coat I believe I was using a UV top coat. But what was happening was whenever she wore certin black pants and coats that were dryclean only the dye from these articles would stain her L&P. As soon as I buffed the nail the grey disappeared. You might want to try using a gel top coat like Glaze'n Go by NSI this will stop the grey.

hth
Sue

thanks...she is coming later so I will take a look and will try to buff them...lets see what happens..

thanks for your answer for now..:)

sometimes when the acrylic lifts it can look a funny colour,, sort of cause a shadow and look grey??? trust me i know lol i had sooooo much lifting when i first started! x

I too have had this "grey look".. more noticeable on the white tip... i also use a UV gel to coat my nail instead of buffing to a high shine.
If my clients where new clothes..... especially jeans, new bed sheets without washing them etc then their nails will stain. ask her if she has had new jeans..
One of my clients had to take her daughter to the toilet helf way thru an infill :(... and when she came back... bright blue everywhere... i had to file it all off.. luckly i had not finished off the nail or i would have been very cranky...

lol...it turned out it was just stained!...probably from black jeans!...I was worried thinking of some infections!...as soon as i touched it with the cotton it was all shiny!....good!

thanks all will be back soon! xxx:)

Hi Babe
Glad it all worked out for the better..... you are like me... first to think i was something that YOU have done wrong... we should be proud of our work and most of the time it is the client who can't look after their nails..

have a good day
X Mel

I know...but she was my first client that is not family or friend so I was like "OMG!"..lol...now I know for next time!

have a good day too :)

I think we will be learing something new here everyday.. I have been anyway.
I get on here every night and are amazed at the talent, knowledge and sharing that goes on here.

Latest posts

Back