Acrylic help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeautyQueen88

Reaction score
I have a girl working in my salon who does acrylics and I'm not qualified in this so I'm turning to you for advice! I've just had a client call to say some of her nails have gone yellowy?
She's also said one cracked but has now pinged off & they were all blodgy on the tips (she'd had them infilled)
I've never heard of them going yellow ?

I think if they go yellow in colour its because the mix ratio isn't right and the wrong consistency when applied and therefore causing discolouration, this would also be true if they are brittle and cracking...I think!! Lol I'm training myself at the moment but I'm pretty sure this is what we were told, hope this helps! :)

Yellowing can be contamination of product, not cleaning the brush, mixing brands also is a topcoat is used for shine and no colour, if not removed properly and product applied on top this in turn goes yellow. As with food staining smoking.x

There are many reasons for this, the most common is the gel topcoat yellowing. It is easy sorted by buffing off and redoing.
This could even be caused by the client having had a curry and got sauce on her nails, which has stained the topcoat ;)

So many different variables, that you should really talk to your technician and see what she thinks and let her know what the client has said.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back