acrylic hot

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi
Has anyone had acrylic heat up on a customer to the point that it got painful, i've never had this happen before i felt her nail and it was extremly hot, could somebody tell me why this might have happened. hope i don't sound stupid.
I use creative
jac's

ginger hair and nails said:
Hi
Has anyone had acrylic heat up on a customer to the point that it got painful, i've never had this happen before i felt her nail and it was extremly hot, could somebody tell me why this might have happened. hope i don't sound stupid.
I use creative
jac's

some people seem to be more sensitive than others and feel this sort of thing more, but it is generaly caused by being a bit wet with your ratio, could that be the case ?

i think this has been mentioned before on here with l and p , but if you do a search im sure it will bring loads of advise up for you

hth x

whenever acrylic cures it lets off heat, I think its called an exothermic reaction, (please correct me if im wrong and making a complete prat out of myself!!)it just depends on how sensitive the persons nails are, or is there a possibility you could of over-filed slightly during prep? this would of made the nails more sensitive.

hope this helps!! xxxxxxx

Thanks for advise i didn't overfile though as years ago i was a model for somebody training she badly filed my nails so am over careful when filing, might have been slightly wetter ratio though.

Or it may have been a bit too thick? any of these 3 things can cause it. were you sculpting? I remember when I used to have my nails done years ago, I had a form on my thumb and it was digging in a bit too tightly under my nail, and as excess liquid leaked underneath it burned, and really hurt!!

holliejayne said:
whenever acrylic cures it lets off heat, I think its called an exothermic reaction, (please correct me if im wrong and making a complete prat out of myself!!)it just depends on how sensitive the persons nails are, or is there a possibility you could of over-filed slightly during prep? this would of made the nails more sensitive.

hope this helps!! xxxxxxx

Nice reply HJ :D

Trin
xx

Thanks Trin, and for the rep point. I only learn these things from the site but its nice to pass them around!!

hope my reply helped xxx

Latest posts

Back