Acrylic infills timing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
How long does it take you all nail techs to do Infills & file (manually)?

It really depends in how the nails come back you anywhere from 40 to 90mins, I can always tell if they have been looking after them or not ;-) x

Same... anywhere from 40 minutes to an hour and a bit. It usually takes longer with clients coming from somewhere else (with really thick or hard to file product) or clients who don't look after them properly.

It depends.

Say, a client who doesn't have polish and whose nails are just lovely with no lifting or anything. I'll have her out within 30 minutes.

Say, a client who does have polish and whose nails are a bit neglected and unoiled and some lifting ... more like an hour or just over.

A French backfill on a client with no/very little lifting . . . 1 hr.
A French backfill on a client with lifting up to 1hr30

forgive me for sounding unkowledgable, but when they went over infills on my training it was a bit too far down the line for me to take it all in. Anyway, 2 years later and after ironing all my little problems out (nearly) I am at the point I am being asked for infills. :lol:
If someone comes wanting an infill, and its not a set I have done, would I overlay it with an opaque? or otherwise you cant guarantee a perfect match, and also will it be ok to cover some other persons acrylic with your brand? is there not adhesion issues in doing this?
And, if its gonna take 60 - 90 mins, what sort of pricing is the norm? as they could have a new set in this time, and I'm not expensive anyway as I am trying to build up clients and compete with many, many NSS around here. - you can get a set of sculpts for £20 at the salon down the road.

Infill, or re-balance ? Times will vary upon the quality of their last service, if they have crap work and lots of lifting, it will take longer, if they have great nails and no lifting, it will take less.

I allow an hour for a refill, and 1.5 for a re-balance, this allows me time for a fag and a coffee in between (if i'm lucky), my times are shorter than this, but it allows me to remain on time for the next client .

Infill, or re-balance ? Times will vary upon the quality of their last service, if they have crap work and lots of lifting, it will take longer, if they have great nails and no lifting, it will take less.

I allow an hour for a refill, and 1.5 for a re-balance, this allows me time for a fag and a coffee in between (if i'm lucky), my times are shorter than this, but it allows me to remain on time for the next client .

Same here but I'm now down to one coffee a day & water rest of time & trying to give up the fags! :) any other spare time is spent in the loo after drinking so much water!! Lol!

Latest posts

Back