Acrylic leaking!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ImmyGinny

Reaction score
This might sound ridiculous - but I'm starting to think i'm losing the plot!!
I use The Edge system and the acrylic liquid keeps leaking from all the bottles! I've checked the screw top is on over and over but when its in my bag it leaks out bit by bit and ends up over my other items in the bag and melting the other plastic bottles.
Has anyone else come across this or can you reccomend some sort of permanent and suitable storage device?
Thanks x

Have you tried a menda pump? I found them excellent in the fight against leakage!

Ive never had this problem but i do get the problem of when i open my box i think i could get high on fumes :) lol. They way i stopped mine is to unscrew the cap and put a very thin spongy/puffy cap thing (the one you get when opening makeup) and slot that at the top of your lid it may help with your leak problem. Also make sure its stood up in the corner of your storage. I wedge mine in the corner using my other products.
HTH x

A load of my college lovelies used the edge and they found to happen with the monomer

the way to stop leakage is to totally dry the inside of your lid all around the thread, do the same with your bottle.
If you use couch roll or kitchen roll it will absorb everything giving you once again a good seal.

Another issue they had with the edge bottles was activator spray bottles (when doing wraps) the activator used to just leak out even with an upright spray.

Annoying really.

thanks every body... i was thinking I was doing something seriously wrong!!

Have you tried a menda pump? I found them excellent in the fight against leakage!
on a monomer bottle ? really ?

I put them in a different bottle. The generic bottles from supply stores that say "monomer" on them. I don't know why they are better, you'd think the monomer bottles would be the stronger ones! I also keep mine wedged in a corner, even so, to be safe.

Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

This might sound ridiculous - but I'm starting to think i'm losing the plot!!
I use The Edge system and the acrylic liquid keeps leaking from all the bottles! I've checked the screw top is on over and over but when its in my bag it leaks out bit by bit and ends up over my other items in the bag and melting the other plastic bottles.
Has anyone else come across this or can you reccomend some sort of permanent and suitable storage device?
Thanks x

Buy a bucket bag . Fabulous investment when mobile. S2 have them.

My CND Monomer bottle does exactly the same - had to buy a new lamp as it melted my first one!! :(

on a monomer bottle ? really ?

I had a skinny menda type pump and decanted monomer into it for transportation a couple of times. But I'm not mobile so didn't do it too often

Latest posts

Back