Acrylic lifting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Debsidoo99

Reaction score
One of my lovely ladies has her nails done every 3 weeks along with her daughter. The daughter has always had infills and hardly any lifting ever. Her mother on the other hand has terrible lifting and more often than not has a new set!
Thank goodness for her daughter otherwise I'm sure she would think its me!
She has very sweaty hands....could this b a reason??? I'm at my wits end how to resolve.
Any thoughts pls?
I mainly use harmony acrylic system and have also tried creative. Both with same results.
X

People with very sweaty hands have a big problem keeping anything on their nails, and I'm sure it is this that is causing the problem. I have had a few clients with the same problem over the years.

You can temporarily dehydrate the plate to apply, but it doesn't last for 2 minutes on these people. I also found it a most unpleasant experience doing these women's nails as I had to dry their hands every minute while working; I literally could not hold onto their fingers without slipping. Eventually I had to hold on to the fingers with a small towel.

These ladies need to commit to almost weekly service to keep their nails on and my experience is that most do not want to commit that time or that money and eventually give up.

Hi Geeg,
Thank u so much for taking the time to reply. You have made me feel 100% better bout her nails! I will try to explain to her the problem with sweaty palms.
Do you think shellac might prove more successful? Her own nails are short but considering new set after new set after new set, they are in a decent condition.
Thanks again for yr help xxx

Hi Geeg,
Thank u so much for taking the time to reply. You have made me feel 100% better bout her nails! I will try to explain to her the problem with sweaty palms.
Do you think shellac might prove more successful? Her own nails are short but considering new set after new set after new set, they are in a decent condition.
Thanks again for yr help xxx

You can but try these things Debs .. I can't guarantee anything on these type of hands. They really are a challenge. Usually if you ask they tell you they can never keep polish on for more than a day ... this should be a red flag to any technician. If she wants to experiment then go for it. At least shellac is more porous than gels or L&P but I can't offer a great deal of hope if she is as bad as the ladies I dealt with. xx

Think we shall give it a go! I'll let u know how we get on!
Thanks again xx

Well, a one week update......
After tactfully talking thru possible reasons for lifting, my lovely lady decided she wanted to give acrylics one more try. I decided to dry prep the nail as much as possible to ensure it was clean then used a pro bond to temporarily dehydrate the nail. I did this one nail at a time as a applied the acrylic. As per usual she was thrilled with her nails and I asked her to keep me posted on any lifting. One week on and they are all still on! However, she is unable to commit to anything earlier than a 3 weekly appointment so I guess you will have to await further developments! I'm not holding my breath lol x

Well, a one week update......
After tactfully talking thru possible reasons for lifting, my lovely lady decided she wanted to give acrylics one more try. I decided to dry prep the nail as much as possible to ensure it was clean then used a pro bond to temporarily dehydrate the nail. I did this one nail at a time as a applied the acrylic. As per usual she was thrilled with her nails and I asked her to keep me posted on any lifting. One week on and they are all still on! However, she is unable to commit to anything earlier than a 3 weekly appointment so I guess you will have to await further developments! I'm not holding my breath lol x

Any update after 3 weeks :)

Latest posts

Back