Acrylic Lifting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

youbeauty

Reaction score
Hi,
Can anyone plaese tell me how to avoid acrylic lifting at the cuticle end of the nail plate?:rolleyes:
Thanks

There are a few reasons that would cause this. It's only a problem if it happens right away in a few days after application. If it happens after 2.5 - 3 weeks then it is pressure from nails that are too long and need maintenance.

1. Product too thick in zone 3
2. Product touching the skin anywhere in zone 3
3. Mix too dry
4. Mix too wet
5. Not pressing the product on to the surface firmly enough in zone 3.

Any of the above could be the problem. Particularly no. 5 if you are new to nails.

Do a 'search' on lifting and you will find mucho to read.

Can I just add to Geeg's post....NOT removing the non-living tissue (cuticle) from the nail plate was a major cause of lifting for our techs until the advent of Creative's Cuticle Remover. Also ensuring shine is removed and the nail is thoroughly cleaned and dried.

Thanks I am quite new to nails, they look good for about a week then begin to lift. It's really dissapointing when they've looked so good to start with.

Thanks again :o

This should not be happening after a week.

Don't be disappointed, fix the problem by rechecking how thorough your prep is (as Fiona mentioned) and the other causes. Certainly it is that you are doing one or more of these things that is causing your later disappointment.

You are new to nails. It takes time and experience to get everything right. Nails not only need to look good, they have to last.

Latest posts

Back