Acrylic nail complaint, how to deal with it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elouise

Reaction score
Hi, i am a mobile therapist i have been for 2 and a half years now, i did a set of acrylic nails on a client on wendsday and i have just today recieved a email from her and this is what it says: Morning Claire , i am very dissapointed with the acrylic nails you did for me last wednesday. by friday night they had all come off! I then had to pay to have them all done again Saturday Morning.

I would therefore appreciate a full refund for the nails you did as it has now cost me double what i should of paid.

I had also recommended you to a freind for the service you had provided which i will now be retracting.

Could you please anyone give me advice of how to reply as i feel she could have contacted me and i would of retifyed the problem also she was happy when i left with the result and i dont understand?

Thanks Claire

What kind of nails did you do ?
Sculpts or tips
If tips were they natural tips with a pink and white overlay or a one colour overlay ?
Or we're they white tips with a pink/clear overlay ?
Did you finish off with a gel topcoat, or buff to a shine ?

Be honest, what did you think of the finished nails, were they looking good and did you think you did a good job ?

Hi, They were White tips with a pink acrylic, to finish i did a glitter top coat. They looked lovely when i had finished and the client loved them i also did the client a spray tan and she hasnt complained about that, She did have very short bitten nails and the nail plate was very tiny almost child size i just cannot understand why they have all come off? How do i know if this has happened if she has not replied until now? i am a very resonable person and i am just thinking i should just refund her the money, although on the other hand how do i no she has had a new set on? or is just trying it on? as she was very happy with the out come.

Im not very good at right letter ect and have never had to reply to any sort of complaint how do you think i should right my response?

Thanks

I wouldn't refund as she should have complained prior to getting them redone and she now has zero proof that they did fall off. She could have only wanted them for the weekend and had pulled them off.how hard is it to send the text she sent u today on friday.also, she would have recommended in.the 48 hours between doing them and them falling off and that assuming (which I doubt) that they all fell off at once on the friday.all seems very shifty, if u refund she will think she can keep doing it to you and others x

Hi thanks for the reply how would you respond to her? she sent me the email this morning and it is playing on my mind i have never had this a complaint what if she takes it further where do i stand? she hasnt complained about the spray tan i did so i am wondering if it is true but there angain when i was talking with her she said that she had had then done at her local salon before and they had fallen off. x

Any complaint you should be able to rectify before going elsewhere. State this in your letter and that she hasn't and that you didn't see her complaint, unfortunately you cannot do a full refund. But as a gesture of goodwill you could offer her a discount/full set next time she requires one.
One thing perhaps you should have on your p/l is your terms & conditions to cover any instances like this then you can direct them to it so don't have a leg to stand on.

Hi, I didnt give her the terms and conditions or get her to sign a client card dont no why as i do this all the time does this mean that i dont have a leg to stand on with her.

She has now just sent a text saying the same thing as i havnt replied yet to her.

Could you tell me does this sound alright if i respond like this.

Hi,

I have recieved your email and text that states you were unhappy with your acrylics nails that were done on wednesday the 1st of August, In response i would like to ask you why you did not contact me sooner as i could of retified the problem, as a goodwill gesture i am willing to do you a free full set of acrylic nails or another treatment to that value free of charge, as i have not had the opportunity to see the reason as to why this may of happened and has also been rectified by someone else.

Thanks Claire

Hi, I didnt give her the terms and conditions or get her to sign a client card dont no why as i do this all the time does this mean that i dont have a leg to stand on with her.

She has now just sent a text saying the same thing as i havnt replied yet to her.

Hi,

I have recieved your email and text that states you were unhappy with your acrylics nails that were done on wednesday the 1st of August, In response i would like to ask you why you did not contact me sooner as i could of retified the problem, as a goodwill gesture i am willing to do you a free full set of acrylic nails or another treatment to that value free of charge, as i have not had the opportunity to see the reason as to why this may of happened and has also been rectified by someone else.

Thanks Claire

I would not refund her a single penny or give her a fresh set your wasting your product if you do that she will expect that every time she should have shown the nails before going else where..You can not go any where and expect a refund without proof of purchase and reason and she went to another therapist she should clearly stay with that therapist it is a client not worth having in your business period

Last edited:
Not sure if this is relevant but is this lady a regular client or someone using your services for the first time ? x

Yes I agree do not refund,

can you buy a top in M&S have a problem with it so buy a new one somewhere else and then email M&S for a refund, without showing them the top or returning it in exchange for the refund? No you can't, it's ludicrous and no one would do it so why should she do it with nails??

it's possible if she had very short nails she may have lost one or two but that's to be expected with nail biters but I doubt every single one just "fell off" -did you make them too long for her perhaps?

Email her back and explain you are very surprised that they had all fallen off by Friday however as she did not contact you to arrange an appointment to return the faulty nails and for you to rectify the situation there is now nothing you are obliged to do as her nails have now been treated elsewhere.

She possibly did recommend you to a friend but also she possibly has just said that to bully you into refunding without question.

E xx

Last edited:
Hi, i am a mobile therapist i have been for 2 and a half years now, i did a set of acrylic nails on a client on wendsday and i have just today recieved a email from her and this is what it says: Morning Claire , i am very dissapointed with the acrylic nails you did for me last wednesday. by friday night they had all come off! I then had to pay to have them all done again Saturday Morning.

I would therefore appreciate a full refund for the nails you did as it has now cost me double what i should of paid.

I had also recommended you to a freind for the service you had provided which i will now be retracting.

Could you please anyone give me advice of how to reply as i feel she could have contacted me and i would of retifyed the problem also she was happy when i left with the result and i dont understand?

Thanks Claire

Sorry, but that is her fault. What cheek. Why didn't she contact you as soon as they came off. You would have replaced for free, surely! Sorry, but it sounds like they never came off, and she just wants her money back. I have never heard of anyone going to someone else without telling you anything, and then expect a refund! Don't do it!!!

Ok maybe one or two came of but all ten at the same time and she waits till now to tell you this..

I'm sorry but any normal person would have contacted you if one or two had come off let alone all ten straight away, I really do think she is trying it on.

I wouldn't offer a refund. She has went elsewhere (or so she says) and has not shown you proof of these nails falling off so what can you do. I would reply and just say since she hasnt contacted you sooner there's nothing you can do Unfortunately a refund is no longer possible as she has chosen to have them rectified at another salon therefore you cannot see the fault with the nails to fix them. I wouldn't give her a discount either her email sounds like she's bullying you into giving her a refund by threatening you that she will no longer be recommending you to her friend! if you don't have this happening with other clients it sounds like the fault lies with her especially if she is a nail biter my sister is terrible for biting her nails and usually cant keep a full set on for longer than a few days without ripping them all off i refuse to do them for her now! I like how she says she had to pay twice - you didn't force her to it was her choice to have them done again elsewhere (which i highly doubt happened) and not come back to you sounds like she's chancing her luck

Hi,

Thanks Claire

I wouldn't give a free set instead of a refund. It's essentially the same thing and she's going to keep treating you this way. I would word it like this.

"I have received your email and text stating that you were unhappy with your acrylics I applied for you on Aug 1. Unfortunately I cannot offer a refund for the following reasons. I was not given a chance to see your nails once the problem occured. I was not able to give you a repair or new set after the nails were off. And you have gone to another salon therefore I can not determine the cause of the problems. In future if you have any problems with a set of acrylics I've done for you I would be more than happy to take a look and rectify them for you."

or something along those lines....but definitely NO refund!

Hi, Thank you everyone for your replies i havnt yet contacted her back im too scared of what she'll do never had this before, i think i will tell her that if she had contacted me before i would of been able to rectify the problem.

In all honesty What is she gonna do? What can she do? There's nothing she can do! She doesn't have any proof anymore that there was a problem, to have any grounds of complaint she should have shown you her nails and given you the chance to put things right.

she is hiding behind the written word. I say send her the or email then forget about her.

E x

Hiya,

I wouldnt refund. I think you have answered your own question as to why they have all "come off" though - if she is such a prolific nail biter that she only had a tiny scrap of natural nail then there's really not much for the acrylic to cling on to. I think its really important with nail biters only to extend the nail so that the tip doesnt extend beyond the end of the finger, and to make it very clear to them that as a nail biter they are far more likely to lose nails, and that there are no guarantees as to how long they will last.

Its a real shame you didnt do a consultation with her, so perhaps you could meet her halfway, because if you had done the consultation she would have been aware of the risks as a nailbiter and maybe wouldnt have unrealistic expectations of the service you provided. Perhaps do her another set free of charge and explain that its a goodwill gesture, and also take that opportunity to explain the drawbacks of being a nailbiter and treatment limits to her.

Hi, i have sent the email saying that i keep you posted never had to deal with a complaint before its very disheartening and has knocked my confindence a bit as i no there is nothing i did wrong her nails were very short and she said she was a nail bitter so im wondering if this was omething to do with it (if she is being honest). :rolleyes:

If you have not had problems like this before I would send this:

Thank you for your recent texts.

I am disappointed that you did not extend me the courtesy of contacting me immediately to allow me to assess and rectify the situation with your nails.

As you did not do this there is now nothing I can do to assist you.

I wish you well with your next beauty therapist/nail tech.

Kind regards

If you have not had problems like this before I would send this:

Thank you for your recent texts.

I am disappointed that you did not extend me the courtesy of contacting me immediately to allow me to assess and rectify the situation with your nails.

As you did not do this there is now nothing I can do to assist you.

I wish you well with your next beauty therapist/nail tech.

Kind regards

^
This is what you need to say!!!

Latest posts

Back