Acrylic nails on 12 and 13 year old??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lynn329

Reaction score
Just picked up a voicemail asking me to give a call back. It's the mother who wants an appointment for her 13 year old daughter and 12 year old niece!!!

My first thought is to tell her they are too young but I have heard a lot of the NNS salons do them at this age and would rather I did them than they go to them and end up with nail damage.

Is it OK to do with the parents consent?

My inclination is to refuse TBH as they seem far too young although saying that I did do a young girls nails of 15 a few months back but this was an appointment with her mother and I didnt realise until later she was only 15 but must say she was very mature for her age.

What are your thoughts on this please?

Check your insurance first hunni.

But if it was me it would be a defo no regardless of parental consent or not xx

Have a look at your insurance! I would say no tho. I think it's far to young. Maybe you could offer nail art or something and explain your reasons (how weak there nails will be, insurance, maybe drop in about avoiding the other salons.)

It's up to you tho. They will get them done anyways, if you do do it make sure they sign something saying they understand the damage that it will cause ect. Xx

Also I just wanna point out I have read about younger people getting them done, they won't look after them and within a week parents will be back in having a go about them coming off. Xx

I would offer them weekend nails instead. Explain that these are nails designed to last only a few days but cause no damage to the nails at all x

I won't do it.
Shellac, yes.
But not that.
A) insurance doesn't cover it.
B) although my personal opinions have no place in business, I can't help it and I draw the line there.

Nails arnt just for christmas! Lol i would make sure they fully understood the aftercare first and buy solar oil and get the parent to sign a record card, i would also get the mother n daughter to come in and have a chat to make sure she understands what shes going to get and removal etc but at the end of the day if they are going to get them done so you might aswel do them right!

I did a 15 year old for her prom talk her through it all and recommended Shellac insted but she wanted enhancments, so i made sure her and her mother new all the aftercare and booked her in for a removal appointment, which they cancelled!! Then a few months later she was getting her hair cut and said to me in front of the whole salon, ever since you did my nails there all peeling a weak and break loads! I very professionaly replied with, well how did you remove them, did you pick and pull them off? Yes? Well there you go then!! How rude! My reply shut her up though!!
If you do them just be carfull :)

Sent from my HTC Vision using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back