Acrylic nails on a man?

Looking forward to next visit I am going to go for french manicure with black tip my only question really is what is best acrylic or gel ? my local saloon has had a change of staff and now they do acrylic as well as gel where as before they only did gel and that’s all I have had done before ?
Will they be receptive to a man having his nails done, with new staff ?
Went in Wednesday and got pink and black, my nail tech is dying to do some more creative stuff, said she can’t wait for me to come in and tell her she can do whatever she wants. Stopped into a convenience store last Saturday and the cashier had pink and white nails, went to pay for my stuff and she says “hey, we have matching nails”, I had pink and white at the time. Then she asked where I went because mine were nicer than hers. Told her where I went and who to ask for. That was the first time someone had said anything about my nails and it turned into an actual conversation, usually if they say anything it along the lines of “I like your nails” and that’s about the end of it. No gonna lie, it made my day. Then when I went in to see my nail tech, she asked if I’d referred someone, she had actually done the lady from the convenience stores nails the day before. Thought that was pretty cool. Then got a comment from our office manager yesterday she saw my nails and said, “oh, what color did you get and checked out my nails” and we talked nails for a couple minutes. 8A21A7CC-B656-4D43-B6D4-83C0F6DE0F2E.jpeg

Here are my current nails.

MiniG

They look great I am going for the same look although I will probably have them a little longer with square tips, did your nail tech use polish or did you have gel ?
Great to hear you have had some nice comments too.

They look great I am going for the same look although I will probably have them a little longer with square tips, did your nail tech use polish or did you have gel ?
Great to hear you have had some nice comments too.
They’re all acrylic, dark pink powder and black acrylic powder, with a gel top coat. I’m rough on my nails and wasn’t gonna do black unless she had black acrylic, if it gets chipped, at least it’ll still be black. I’ve been getting mine professionally done for 4 or 5 months and so far any comments have been positive. I would do them longer but then as they grow out they get really long, probably should have gone a little longer though

My latest, which as you can see needs to be redone again, have an appointment tomorrow night. Trying to decide between pink and white again (which is my favorite) or maybe purple with glitter. My nail tech says “I can’t wait until you tell me I can do whatever I want” she’s also always telling me to “step out of my comfort zone” I’m so far out of my comfort zone now, I’m on another planet at this point...lol I love having strangers ask me about my nails and tell me how much they like them or the color. 5503129A-5CB8-4991-B9CC-BC749C51FDD7.jpeg

MiniG

Been to my nail tech today and had a fantastic full set of nails done they have turned out exactly as I wanted them they look great and should last me 2 weeks before maintenance needed

Been to my nail tech today and had a fantastic full set of nails done they have turned out exactly as I wanted them they look great and should last me 2 weeks before maintenance needed

Looks good, going in for a rebase tomorrow. My nail tech want to do an hombre. D51C0F9E-E048-40FE-8D5E-108167ECE4C1.jpeg
My current set, pic is from a couple weeks ago. This color was picked by a committee...lol 3 pretty Asian women arguing over what color I was getting...lol

Of the males in here, what has been your experience/reactions with the general public? So far from strangers, I’ve gotten nothing but positive comments, even had a lady ask who I go to, I told her and now she goes to her too...lol

The nails I got done tonight, she called the cotton candy mermaid...lol CC2C832F-E88D-45A8-894B-A2B88C49B948.jpeg