Acrylic Nails over healing bruised nails??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a.denning

Reaction score
Hey i have a client who wants me to put acrylic over her nails 2 of which were bruised and are now in the healing process and are "peeling".
Do you geeks recomend putting the acrylic on now or wait until its fully healed?
What would happen if I do acrylic now? Is it safe?
Sorry i have no pics that I can upload.
Any help would be great!

So the skin is bruised under the nail plate? I would think that the only problem would be that it could be painful for the client.

no its not bruised anymore,the nail is flaking off.I am just afraid that it might cause an infection if I cover it with acrylic and it cant air out?

is the nail flaking off in peeling layers? or is it flaking away like the whole nail is falling off? If the entire nail is going, I wouldn't bother with an enhancement. If the nail isn't going anywhere, it should be just fine. It will only get infected if you dont prep the nail thoroughly before you apply product. If you do it just right, having an enhancement over the nail will actually help PROTECT it! Just make sure she is a little careful with it, and use that oil!!

I agree with Heather, if it looks like she might lose the nail or it is loose on the nail bed I wouldn't bother with an enhancment, but if it's just the nail plate peeling it would be beneficial.

Latest posts

Back