Acrylic nails, which zone do you start in?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KirstieLou

Reaction score
In my training we were told I start at the free edge (zone 3?) which I have been but did my friends today and she said the usual place she goes start at the cuticle (zone 1?)where do you all start? Also if my zone numbers are wrong please correct me! So much to take in xx

I'm sure zone 1 is free edge, zone 2 apex and zone 3 cuticle.

I mostly start free edge to cuticle unless extending the nail bed I will sometimes start cuticle to free edge (reverse method)

I'm sure zone 1 is free edge, zone 2 apex and zone 3 cuticle.

I mostly start free edge to cuticle unless extending the nail bed I will sometimes start cuticle to free edge (reverse method)

I think your right with the zones lol!
I also thought that was reverse method, she had been to a Chinese bar so maybe they did it for speed.

I was taught to start in zone 1, but I actually work from zone 3. I work with L&P and I prefer the reverse method. It's really down to personal preference.

zone 1 free edge
zone 2 apex
zone 3 "cuticle"

I usuallystart in zone 1 and this is how I was trained.

If extending the nail bed I start in zone 2 then do zone 1 and then zone 3 to finish

I start at free edge and work towards cuticle x

I was originally trained using the 1 bead method, and I'm just used to it from doing it that way for so long. If the nails aren't particularly long or it's just an overlay, I start between zones 2 and 3. I've tried the 3 bead method but I just can't seem to get it right, and I end up spending most of my time filing to finish.

But as someone mentioned earlier, everyone's got a preferred method. I think we all just sorta develop our own way because it works for us.

I start at the free edge (zone 1) when doing tips but when sculpting I start from the cuticle using the reverse method, personally I think it looks better using that method! It is just personal preference though :)

have always started with zone 1, but i have to replace one of my nails today and am going to try starting out with zone 3 for a change to see if i like it/ it's easier/ faster/etc..

Free edge and usually do it in 3 zones :)

I learnt to go from cuticle to free edge and always found this really difficult! Done my nails today gone free edge to cuticle and it was so much easier I know what way ill be doing this in the future x

I was taught to do the free edge first, but now I use the reverse method.

Free edge first, zone 1, 2 and 3 was the way I was taught. Some nails I do with just 2 beads if they are very small. Some large nails need more beads iygwim. Would like to learn the one ball method though. I'm curious.
Chicka do you want to teach me :):D xx

Latest posts

Back