Acrylic nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

helen.murphy

Reaction score
Hi.
I have just payed privately for a refresher acrylic nail course in nottingham. I currently have been doing silk nails for the past 8 years and previously trained in acrylic at the same time i did silk but never did anything with it. I decided to go on a refresher course as ibelieve it would cut the time of doing nails and more can be done with acrylic. my question is can i use the pink acrylic powder from a different company to the clear power which i already have. the trainer said not but im not sure if thats a sales benifit on her behalf. thanks for any advice.

I'm not 100% but i think your techer is right i have just done an acrylic course to

Thanks. I just wanted to double check.

No hun, you should never mix brands xx

Yeah unfortunately they say never mix brands............ but if you do them on yourself there is no harm in it. I mix brands when doing my nails if i have bits left over or i use it on my practice hand. I would never do it on a client incase a reaction occurs but if you have product to use and your end result looks no different then i wouldnt waste it by throwing it out.
Speaking from my own experience HTH xx

Yeah unfortunately they say never mix brands............ but if you do them on yourself there is no harm in it. I mix brands when doing my nails if i have bits left over or i use it on my practice hand. I would never do it on a client incase a reaction occurs but if you have product to use and your end result looks no different then i wouldnt waste it by throwing it out.
Speaking from my own experience HTH xx

Sorry this is silly advice :-/ ,

You would not do it on a client in case of a reaction ,
But if you have a reaction won't it make it hard for you to use and work with the products?

Once allergic always allergic ?

Maybe even putting you out of a job?

Thankyou for all you advice. All this is because i didnt want to pay the vat at the training course and thought id get it cheaper at the warehouse. I bought a starter pack of acrylics but it didnt have the pink or white acrylic powders in. just the clear. I ended up going to a diffrent warehouse as i was working that end of town but they didnt sell the products i trained in. So i bought a different range but forgot the liquid. So now with messing about i have all the products in michelle porter apart from the pink and white powders and all the powders in millenium nails with out the liquid. so will have to go and buy the powders again at my local warehouse instead of going to the one with vat free. oh my lord. what a day:)

Thankyou for all you advice. All this is because i didnt want to pay the vat at the training course and thought id get it cheaper at the warehouse. I bought a starter pack of acrylics but it didnt have the pink or white acrylic powders in. just the clear. I ended up going to a diffrent warehouse as i was working that end of town but they didnt sell the products i trained in. So i bought a different range but forgot the liquid. So now with messing about i have all the products in michelle porter apart from the pink and white powders and all the powders in millenium nails with out the liquid. so will have to go and buy the powders again at my local warehouse instead of going to the one with vat free. oh my lord. what a day:)

If youve not opened the millennium hun why not get a refund?x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

if i was you i would get a refund on the millenium powders if you can. if you cant, sell them on ebay and go with your other brand. there is someone on ebay selling hundreds of millenium products at more than the wholsale price and she manages to shift them so it shouldnt b a problem selling them

One of the reasons you shouldn't mix is because there are different setting times in all systems so it could possibly cure improperly leading to service break down issues.

:) Have fun with your course!

Advice as above, even if you were lucky enough not to have a reaction, the set and cure times would be different giving you a sub-standard product prone to lifting and breaking and possible over exposure to your clients. Systems are created by scientists to work together, giving you and your client the best product to work with for optium adhesion, durability etc.... xx

Latest posts

Back