acrylic nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msav

Reaction score
hi i'm currently training to be a nail technician and am working with the nail trainer, i was just wondering how thick the acrylic should be in a layer on the nail andif i should apply an extra layer why that would be necessary.

we were also trained to use the files and buffers but... when i go to some nail salons in my area in plaistow, london i see all these forein nail technicians using electrical files and buffers.
i just wanted to know which method is better and why?

sarvat

The nail when you have done it should look as natural as possible. having a thick nail doesn't mean it is any more stronger than if its thin. Too thin means it can break easily, too thick will look awful for one and uncomfortable for the client as feel bulky.

As long as you build the nail in the three zones with your apex where it should be, they will be natural looking and strong at the right point. You should learn all this in your training, so you will get there. Who are you training with??

For the answer to your drill/electric file question ... search drill or electric file and there are tonnes of comments and opinions.

hi i'm training with the BSY GROUP doing all the theory first then the practical

sarvat

Every job u do makes the next one easier, or harder.

Applying the acrylic toooo thick: lifing! Not a good idea

Teadious filing! you'll file for longer trying to reshape the nail back.

Bead control is the key to the opening door!!

Latest posts

Back