Acrylic newbie-advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amw1282

Reaction score
I'm very new to acrylic nail extensions having passed my course a few weeks ago. I have a client who is booked in bit she has sent me a pic of one if her nails, I'm a bit unsure whether I should be putting an enhancement on it. She said it is not painful in any way but looking for some opinions. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1384426007.647822.jpg

Ouch!
I don't know if I would put an enhancement on that either! It looks like there's open skin around the free edge? Is she a nail biter? Or has it been injured in some way.

Not painful, does not look open wound .. Perfect for a tip extension to protect it.

The nail plate looks healthy enough, just
Looks like a bad break that's growing out. I would Use a tip and a cover pink to hide the break and extend the plate xxx

Thanks so much for the opinions, will give them a go tonight. She isn't a nail biter or had and issues with nail, it's just a bad break

Thanks so much for the opinions, will give them a go tonight. She isn't a nail biter or had and issues with nail, it's just a bad break

Ah ok then well give it a go! Good luck x

If you stick a nail tip onto a nail that short it won't last long. The only way would be to sculpt a tip, unless your client only wants them for a short time xx

If you stick a nail tip onto a nail that short it won't last long. The only way would be to sculpt a tip, unless your client only wants them for a short time xx
Tips done right last just as long as sculpts .. it is a myth really that sculptors love to say is the truth, but it isn't.

In a couple of appointments that nail will be grown enough to file down and the tip will be nearly gone. Tips with a micro contact area are practically a sculpted nail these days and it takes no time before they are grown.

Of course you could do either but I think at this stage the tip option would be better and more flexible.

Latest posts

Back