Acrylic or Gel?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

khunter25

Reaction score
So I'm a qualified beauty therapist and have been now for 5 years. I didn't ever get trained in acrylics or gels in my college days, just manis and pedis! Been looking into some courses.. And looking for advice? Are acrylic or gels more popular? Also what brands are the best to use? Thanks!!

Hi, where abouts are you? I would recommend any beauty therapist to train in nail extensions as they are one of the most popular treatments x

Where I live acrylic is more popular but gel is on the up!
I'm training at college at the moment (in gel) but as soon as I've finished training I'm going to do a conversion course with CND to use Brisa gel and L&P..also Shellac so I can offer my clients a choice. HTH xx

I trained in gels as I thought acrylics were bad for your nails, but that's not true. I wish I had learnt that earlier!!

My training was awful and, after complaining to the company, they retrained me for free. I had such a bad start with extensions that I now hate doing them. I wish I had read all the advice on here on trained with CND from the start. I would also have done acrylics first and then added gels.

Thanks for your help and advice everyone, I had been swaying more to acrylics first but kind of thought the same - they're bad for the nails? I'm based in Edinburgh in Scotland! I'm thinking I'll definitely do acrylics first and then gels... Iv heard a lot of people using a gel overlay on their acrylics to make them water proof? So i guess its defo beneficial to learn both!!

Why not give the lovely people at The Fingertips Centre in Edinburgh a call for some advice? 0131 333 3180
Or pop and see them? Their website is here:
http://www.thefingertipscentre.co.uk

Hths! xx

Why not give the lovely people at The Fingertips Centre in Edinburgh a call for some advice? 0131 333 3180
Or pop and see them? Their website is here:
http://www.thefingertipscentre.co.uk

Hths! xx

Thanks hun, just having a little look now! Do you know if the liquid and powder course is for people who have already had acrylic training or is it a course in how to do acrylic nails fully? Xx

Thanks hun, just having a little look now! Do you know if the liquid and powder course is for people who have already had acrylic training or is it a course in how to do acrylic nails fully? Xx

You're welcome. And the answer is that they offer both! Pop and see them in the week (or give them a call) and they should be able to suggest training to suit you. xx

Latest posts

Back