Quantcast

acrylic paint

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

emmalouisa

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2004
Messages
908
Reaction score
4
Location
essex
can you use acrylic paint on naturel nails???
which is best normal paint from spangles or acylic???
 

Nailsinlondon1

CND Shellac Ambassador
Joined
Jan 12, 2003
Messages
7,494
Reaction score
393
Location
Greven, Germany
Yep I use acrylic paints on natural nails, I use airbrush paint, nice and thin and no need to add water to thin it...........
I use a good base coat like Sticky or Toughen up and then paint............Top coat I use is Speedy or Shiney...............I then get the client to add another layer of topcoat after a few days.................
HTH
 

mandy_moo_64

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2004
Messages
209
Reaction score
3
Location
cleveland, UK
I buy my acrylic paint from artist shops / stationers. It's only about £1 a bottle, and it'll last forever !! I put a base coat on, do the nail art design,let it dry, then use a god top coat to seal it. I don't water it down when I'm painting freehand,only if i was to put it in my airbrush
 

Carole Lindsay

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 3, 2004
Messages
1,036
Reaction score
11
Location
Barnet
mandy_moo_64 said:
I buy my acrylic paint from artist shops / stationers. It's only about £1 a bottle, and it'll last forever !! I put a base coat on, do the nail art design,let it dry, then use a god top coat to seal it. I don't water it down when I'm painting freehand,only if i was to put it in my airbrush
Hi Emma

I also have acrylic paint from artist shops - as long as its acrylic its fine! I also dont water down the paints for free hand (unless they feel a bit too thick, in which case i add a bit of water drop by drop until the consistency feels right).

Hope this helps.
 

Carole Lindsay

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 3, 2004
Messages
1,036
Reaction score
11
Location
Barnet
emmalouisa said:
can you use acrylic paint on naturel nails???
which is best normal paint from spangles or acylic???
Hi Emma
I've just read your thread again! When you talk about the "normal paint from Spangles" do you mean the pack of 4 you bought when you were with me? If you are talking about that, they are acrylic paints as well!
 

emmalouisa

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2004
Messages
908
Reaction score
4
Location
essex
hi went to my local artist shop and got 12 acrylic paints for £4 very pleased iit cheaper than spangles and got myself a trolley from b & q for £20 to put all my nail bits in , wat a bargain xxxx
 

Kitten

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 12, 2004
Messages
245
Reaction score
1
Location
Lincolnshire
Quick question - do you buy them in tubes or some other format? Great tip by the way, thanks!
 

Carole Lindsay

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 3, 2004
Messages
1,036
Reaction score
11
Location
Barnet
emmalouisa said:
hi went to my local artist shop and got 12 acrylic paints for £4 very pleased iit cheaper than spangles and got myself a trolley from b & q for £20 to put all my nail bits in , wat a bargain xxxx
good for you! bring it all with you on tuesday coz i'd love to see it all!
 

emmalouisa

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2004
Messages
908
Reaction score
4
Location
essex
hi kitten, the tubs r the same size as the spangles paints in the little tubs some people dont like the little ones but they seem ok to me xxx

hi caz, i have all these paints but can only practice my stripes at the mo untill i go on my spangles nail art course lol ive tried on my naturel nails but its harder and looks naff i mite be better off with pens on the naturel nail??
xx
 

Kitten

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 12, 2004
Messages
245
Reaction score
1
Location
Lincolnshire
Emma - thanks for that - I had visions of getting those great big tubes that painters use!!! Hee hee. Silly moo that I am. Good luck with the nail art!!!
 

Fab Freak

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2003
Messages
3,326
Reaction score
70
Location
Bondsville, West Yorkshire
I use both, I find there are some colous you just cant get in the artists colours and vice versa...I love the spangles range are small and easy to carry and if they get a bit thick I just add a drop of water and they are fabulous again....
 

Carole Lindsay

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 3, 2004
Messages
1,036
Reaction score
11
Location
Barnet
emmalouisa said:
hi kitten, the tubs r the same size as the spangles paints in the little tubs some people dont like the little ones but they seem ok to me xxx

hi caz, i have all these paints but can only practice my stripes at the mo untill i go on my spangles nail art course lol ive tried on my naturel nails but its harder and looks naff i mite be better off with pens on the naturel nail??
xx
keep practising babes, you'll get there. use the practice finger!! pens will be the same whether on the natural nail or an enhancement, lol!!! i'll give you the white one to have a go with when you come here on tuesday - hang in there until then!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top