Acrylic Removal... frustrating!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know i do not bother to file anymore unless the customer has some finish gel on top of acrylic for added shine.

I've been using a machine called "sonic touch" from salon tech http://www.salontech.com/st200505/?PG=SonicTouch&MG=Sonic_Touch_3
I bought it when i went for training in New York. It safely removes acrylic in about 20-25 minutes, fiberglass, tips, acetone removable gels and varnish in just 1 minute. Had to buy an electric trsformer though cause of the difference in the electric voltage.

I think you might be able to find it online or am pretty sure there some similar devices in the market across europe.

:cry: so do you actually soak the cottonwool and place on fingers etc, or do you get the client to do it themselves, as surely the acetone, while you are messing with it is damaging your own beautifull nails??

sandy x
No you can do it for the client...that is what gloves are for. Keep in mind the acetone will melt the gloves eventually, but at least you can somewhat save your own nails.

By the way who actually has beautiful nails 24/7! I'm working so hard on making my clients nails beautiful that at the end of the day my thumbnails look terrible! I've got file marks in one nail and liquid smudges my top coat on the other (don't ask me how that happens, but it does!)

Hi Again girls,
At college they just told us to cut cotton wool pads in quarters, soak in acetone and then put the pads on the clients (acrylic) nails and wrap in foil and leave for 20 minutes. They didnt tell us to fle anything before hand. and after 20 minutes the acrylic should be off. I have tried and it seems to stay on yes melted but still on. so i now have tried doing the same again but checking every 10 minutes scraping away gently the melted acrylic and carry on doing that till it is all removed. Like i said in a previous post i was over an hour on a client the other night and in the end when she went i sobbed coz i felt soooo embarressed. At college they showed you how to put them on etc. but they didnt actually show you how to take them off. many thanks girls
love Trace xxx

After giving the enhancements a bit a a filing to thin them further,
I like to use these trays.

http://www.nailorder.com/makeover/prod_det.asp?w=1&pid=212
I place them in a small white breakfast bowl that contains reasonably hot water.
In each finger hole I add some acetone & a drop of solar oil.
Soak the enhancements for about 15 minutes and quickly file the melted L&P off, then return to the trays for about another 15 mins, and they are pretty much done.
ps I too cover the whole hand & bowl with a towel to keep the heat & fumes in.:)
pps: The whole process is MUCH slower with un-heated acetone, and very cold too!

Hi Again girls,
At college they just told us to cut cotton wool pads in quarters, soak in acetone and then put the pads on the clients (acrylic) nails and wrap in foil and leave for 20 minutes. They didnt tell us to fle anything before hand. and after 20 minutes the acrylic should be off. I have tried and it seems to stay on yes melted but still on. so i now have tried doing the same again but checking every 10 minutes scraping away gently the melted acrylic and carry on doing that till it is all removed. Like i said in a previous post i was over an hour on a client the other night and in the end when she went i sobbed coz i felt soooo embarressed. At college they showed you how to put them on etc. but they didnt actually show you how to take them off. many thanks girls
love Trace xxx
I wasnt taught this either initially, but have since done better training and this was suggested at one of my courses and it does quicken the whole process up, as there is less product on the nail to soak off ...why soak off ALL the Product and take ages, when you can file half of it off??? I also use birchwood sticks or a white block to remove softened product if it hasnt come off its self....just be careful of the natural nail plate.

Latest posts

Back