Acrylic removal with acetone & cuticle oil

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jabez

Reaction score
Just wanted to share something with you all....may not be news to some, but i had a litte "brain-wave":idea: yesterday whilst doing a soak for a client. I must be honest, I am not at all in favour of soaking as a rule. But my client had been away on holiday and I hadn't seen her for 7 weeks - and her nails were seeeeeriously long and very outgrown. (She had done some self-help and used glue, so her nails realy needed to be done from scratch. She likes to wear them long, but I explained that I must trim off some of the free edge as her nails would then be far too (free-edge heavy) and look unproportional. (hope it makes sense). I trimmed the free edges, then lightly soaked cotton squares in acetone and placed onto the nails and wrapped in foil. I gently and lightly scraped the acrylic in stages taking great care not to apply forced pressure to the natural nails. Once this was all done, there were white -hardish bits here and there on the nail. Instead of wanting to file away to remove this by just filing, I liberally applied cuticle oil over each nail and rubbed it in very well with my thumbs. Once the oil settled, I then took a very used (and now soft) white buffing block and ever gently buffed each nail. I then asked her to wash her hands thoroughly with a liquid hand soap, and also gave her a mild lemon/sugar cane hand scrub (which I usually use in the manicures(and gave her a soft nail brush to gently remove any excess oil while washing). What a difference!!! Once she was back at the table, her natural nails looked lovely, no marks or small little bits left to try and file off. i was able to start with the usual prep and then proceeded with the usual French Overlay. As I said, may not be news to some, but I was not taught this during my course - so I was real chuffed. Hope this little piece of info is useful for someone else out there. Have a good week to you all! :hug:x

I just soak in CND product remover for about 20 minutes and all the product is removed

Latest posts

Back