Acrylic system recommendation?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharon70

Reaction score
I’m looking for an good acrylic system that I can buy in the US. I’ve seen recommendations for companies outside of the US, that would either cost to much to get here or they have to replace something in the kit because they can ship it here. I’ve been a nail tech for many, many years. I have done natural nails for years. It’s been a long time since I’ve done acrylics, so any help I can get would be appreciated!!

Can you get glitterbels?

Can you get glitterbels?
I can get products from the UK. I think that the shipping would be a little expensive. I also looked at their trial kit, and of course they are out of it.

Do you have a CosmoProf near you? They carry different acrylic systems. You could speak with one of their sales people for more guidance.

I am currently training but my tutor/mobile nail tech swears by CND. She says its the best out there. Based in the US.

Can you get glitterbels?
I can get products from the UK. I
Do you have a CosmoProf near you? They carry different acrylic systems. You could speak with one of their sales people for more guidance.

yes, but right now our local store is closed. ☹️

I am currently training but my tutor/mobile nail tech swears by CND. She says its the best out there. Based in the US.

I thought about trying that one.

I can get products from the UK. I

yes, but right now our local store is closed. ☹

I forgot about store closings. I can recommend CND and OPI acrylic systems. Both are excellent products and in my experience, both have great customer service..

Love Ezflow and NSI equally

Do they have good staying power, issues with lifting?

For good staying power and to avoid lifting issues, always ensure the correct prep and liquid and powder application is maintained.

Which one, regular or Retention +?

Shipping monomer from the UK is difficult and expensive, as it is a flammable product. All of the US companies like CND, EZFlow, OPI, NSI or Young Nails have good acrylic systems and a fine reputation. All will have good adhesion if you use as recommended - and that is where many have problems, especially with nail prep. (there is absolutely no need for acid based primers).

At the end it becomes a personal choice and the best is to obtain sample kits if possible, or find a local educator who is willing to make a demo. I personally think it is very important to choose a company who has good customer service, as the products are the foundation of your business.

Shipping monomer from the UK is difficult and expensive, as it is a flammable product. All of the US companies like CND, EZFlow, OPI, NSI or Young Nails have good acrylic systems and a fine reputation. All will have good adhesion if you use as recommended - and that is where many have problems, especially with nail prep. (there is absolutely no need for acid based primers).

At the end it becomes a personal choice and the best is to obtain sample kits if possible, or find a local educator who is willing to make a demo. I personally think it is very important to choose a company who has good customer service, as the products are the foundation of your business.

It‘s been several years since I’ve done enhancements. I’m working on getting back into it. As for the samples/trial kits, those are near impossible to get right now. ☹️

Glitterbels has a supplier in Canada that supplies the US aswell.

Latest posts

Back