Acrylic timings

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheryldocherty92

Reaction score
Hi

I have qualified in liquid and powder around 2 months ago and feel like I am taking forever to complete a set. So much so that it is actually putting me off booking clients in.

For using tips with acrylic overlay and gel polish I am taking around 3 hours and for sculpted nails with a gel polish I am around 2 and a half hours.

I know everyone I have spoke to have said that my time will get better with experience but I am just scared I’m never going to get the experience as I feel embarrassed having a client sitting there for that length of time.

Does anyone have any tips on What to practise on or can anyone advise how long it took for them to be able to get their time down to a reasonable timescale.

Thanks

You will get quicker the mor3 you do. Dont let it put you off. Just pre-warn your clients you are not as quick as you would like so they will be with you for a few hours. Ive been doing nails 13years, depending on what kind of set i do, can take me anything from 1hour to 2 an a half hours
Xxx

I was the same way when I first started. 3 hours for a set of nails! I did a set last night in an hour and 15 minutes with tips and intricate art. I only work part time with nails so you'll be surprised how fast you will get when you're doing them all the time! I was licensed in Oct of 2015. Don't give up!! Just be up front with people on your timing and they will be appreciative of you doing a good job. I NEVER lost a client due to my timings.

Latest posts

Back