Acrylic tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kasey590

Reaction score
Hi guys! I'm in Australia and I'm about to start my qualification in Nail Technology (certificate 2 in nail technology) and part of that includes Acrylics. Does anyone know which way I might be taught? As in sculpting tips or the plastic ones you acrylics over? I have seen so man videos and tutorials from places like Naio that show amazing nails being sculpted and my question is am I going to be taught both wAys or just the one way? I like the false tips you put on the nail but I really want to do the sculpted acrylics or gels because it looks a lot more effective in my opinion when it comes to making your own glitter tips? When sculpted you mix it into the acrylic powder and go on and build the nail with that but with the tips I don't know if you can do thT over a clear tip effectively enough??? I love working with loose glitter and making my own designs. I feel I am doing so well with shellac as a beginner who isn't even qualified yet so I want to be able to be creative to the best of my ability. This pic is an example of my work on my best mate just for fun :)

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389536137.133067.jpg

When I did my level 2, I only got taught with tips, level 3 would be sculpting etc xxx

When I did my level 2, I only got taught with tips, level 3 would be sculpting etc xxx

So are you in Australia?? I'm not sure how things work in the uk is all in comparison :-s

I am from uk, but a lot of course I have seen do the same thing just starting out with tips:) I suggest waiting to start and ask all the questions you need to know :) ( sorry for being unhelpful) xxx

Level 2 is normally for starting out with the basics :) level 3 is advance! Good luck with your course too! Xx

I am from uk, but a lot of course I have seen do the same thing just starting out with tips:) I suggest waiting to start and ask all the questions you need to know :) ( sorry for being unhelpful) xxx

Hahah definitely not unhelpful lol I appreciate all comments and posts :) thanks for trying Hun!!!

No problem :) xxx

Hi, I'm from Australia too. Where abouts are you from? It can depend on your course but majority of the time you do learn how to do acrylics with both sculpting and tips. I did my course with Creative's New Edge and we did both. Every single model we brought in to work on was alternated between tips and forms

I did my training in Australia..we learned both tip and overlay as well as sculpting on both acrylic and gel.

Hi, I'm from Australia too. Where abouts are you from? It can depend on your course but majority of the time you do learn how to do acrylics with both sculpting and tips. I did my course with Creative's New Edge and we did both. Every single model we brought in to work on was alternated between tips and forms

Hey I'm from Perth and am going to TAFE To do my Cert 2. I really wanna do sculpting. It just looks like such hard work and I LOVE that and I really want to work hard and do complicated stuff. I don't have the funds to do this course and then immediately do another one for sculpting it took me long enough to be able to do this one :-/

Hey I'm from Perth and am going to TAFE To do my Cert 2. I really wanna do sculpting. It just looks like such hard work and I LOVE that and I really want to work hard and do complicated stuff. I don't have the funds to do this course and then immediately do another one for sculpting it took me long enough to be able to do this one :-/

Is there a course guide that outlines what you will be learning? I don't think there is a course alone for sculpting, but I know some schools offer 1 on 1 training if you are struggling in a certain area

Hi Lovely!

I am also from Aus.
I live in QLD but worked in WA for 6 months doing fly in fly out ;)

Cert 2 is the highest Tafe qualification you can get with Nails. I looked into this option but couldnt justify spending the money to get someone to teach me (as my mother and grandmother are nail techs) so I am doing a course through a private beauty school that offer the required qualifications and then will have my mom and nan teach me anything else I need :)

I do beleive that sculpting is covered through Tafe as I am looking at the AIAS brouchure I have and it is quite thorough.

If you are really keen to find out, call the local Tafe. I have spoken to so many and they are really lovely with enquires. Just write down all questions you have and they will be happy to help!

I hope this helps a little.

Latest posts

Back