Acrylic Vs. NSS acrylic

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bella_nails

Reaction score
Hi all.

Just wondering a few things and hope you all can help. I'm a Bio sculpture gel user and haven't done any training in acrylic after seeing the NSS.

I'm working in a salon and a few of the clients that come in ask if i do acrylic, which to there question i say no, just gel. i know that pretty much all of them go to the NSS and have them done. The more people that have asked me the more i have thought maybe i should train, but there is the doubt in my mind about the product. Everyone i speak to that have had acrylics done in the past have said my nails were wrecked after and were really thin and horrible. is this just how the other salons apply or it is acrylic all together? Ive emailed CND and asked for some info as ive seen on here that they are good. is acrylic so harsh on the nails as everyone says? is it bad for your nails?

Please help my brain!:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
i do offer all three systems, i think you should.
i never turn away a customer.

i think if the product was not removed in the proper manner you get damaged nails! :idea:

Hi all.

Just wondering a few things and hope you all can help. I'm a Bio sculpture gel user and haven't done any training in acrylic after seeing the NSS.

I'm working in a salon and a few of the clients that come in ask if i do acrylic, which to there question i say no, just gel. i know that pretty much all of them go to the NSS and have them done. The more people that have asked me the more i have thought maybe i should train, but there is the doubt in my mind about the product. Everyone i speak to that have had acrylics done in the past have said my nails were wrecked after and were really thin and horrible. is this just how the other salons apply or it is acrylic all together? Ive emailed CND and asked for some info as ive seen on here that they are good. is acrylic so harsh on the nails as everyone says? is it bad for your nails?

Please help my brain!:rolleyes:
You do infact offer acrylic as nail enhancement systems are acrylic based, they come in different viscosities and forms, ie liquid and powder, UV gel etc.

Liquid and Powder doesn't thin nails, neither is it bad for the nails, the reason nails get thin and damaged from wearing enhancements is due to either the technician not knowing how to use their abrasives and filing with incorrect techniques or using an electric file on the natural nails OR from the client biting/ripping their enhancements off.

This thread might help a bit... http://www.salongeek.com/general-articles/31808-nss-exactly-what-does-mean.html

If I were you I would be offering all 3 enhancement systems, L+P, Gel and Fibreglass, that way you can offer all systems to all prospective clients.

hth's

Acrylic does not damage nails,the nail tech does.

Get training from acrylic and you will see who does the damage...over filing is a good reason why the nails are thin and weak.As long as you have had good training from the product,you will be fine.

I have edited most of the posts on this thread. Please refrain from using race as a description when talking about salons. Not all salons run by certain people are poor and equally not all salons run by certain people are good.

I have edited most of the posts on this thread. Please refrain from using race as a description when talking about salons. Not all salons run by certain people are poor and equally not all salons run by certain people are good.

Sorry if i offended anyone, i didnt intend to. If i did i apologise, i just didnt know how else to word the thread. x

Hi!
First of all, as all the others have said, its not the L&P that damages the nails its either the tech or the client. The first improper use of files/abrasives or improper training and the second, with ripping, biting, improperly removing their enhancements.

UV Gel is another form of acrylic, so you do offer acrylic, after a fashion.

When I trained back in the dark ages (LOL) we didn't use electric files and I wouldn't dream of using one without proper training, and I think that a lot of the improperly trained techs do use them. I actually prefer manual work for filing (my own personal control issue)...

Get some proper, formal training for L&P. Contact your current supplier for it. Offer it as its just another revenue stream for you.

HTH's
Peace
Nancy

Latest posts

Back