Acrylic?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BethG-NailTec

Reaction score
Hello, I have been a nail tec for 2 years, working full time. Was in a salon for a year and now been mobile for nearly a year, been so much busier mobile, best decision ive ever made!! I use biosculpture gel, which I love but its just not strong enough when doing extensions, (not sure if that's the gel or glue I use on the tips, even the tips themselves, acrylic just seems alot stronger?) thinking of doing an acrylic corse but not sure what is a good product to use or were to go?? And would myself and the client cope with the smell of acrylic in there house? alot of questions but any advice would be really appreciated!! Thanks xx

If you have good ventilation in the house then all should be fine, have a look at NSI and CND, hope that helps x

Geeg has some great tips about minimising odour -

You can Minimize odour to practically zero without spending a penny! Just by working smart.

The main thing that causes odour is wiping your monomer out of your brush onto a dry paper towel .... This is the worst thing you can do.

Dampen a gauze pas with Scrub Fresh or your nail sanitizer and dedicate that pad as your brush wiping area and you will loose 70% of the vapour in the air at a stroke!

Use metal bins for all waste and empty twice a day.
Always keep you monomer in a glass dampen dish and covered when not using it.

Of course as well to help, you can also choose to use a low odour monomer like CND Retention+

Work smart and you'll see a huge difference! xxx

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back