Acrylics newbie

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunflowerfi

Reaction score
Hi there!
I am currently studying a level 2 nail course and we have just started on acrylics. We are training with CND products but the tutor advised us to use a brush on glue and tips which are less flexible than the velocity tips. Was wondering if anyone could recommend a good glue and brand of tip.
Also any really good youtube videos I can wAtch as we only have one lesson a week so I forget everything.
Finally is it worth purchasing a nail trainer to practise on at home? Xx

I use NSI polybond brush on glue and also the NSI duratips. Also have a nail trainer and its fantastic!! Great for all sorts of practice, and when you've practiced your acrylics, you can use them for polishing practice and nail art. Gemma Lambert does some great tutorials on youtube, also Greg Salo from Young Nails xx

If I understand you correctly your tutor wants you to not use Velocity tips because they are too flexible. When your doing acrylic overlays on tips, don't you thin down the entire surface of your tip so it's just a thin guide for your product?

When working with L&P enhancements the strength of the product is in the enhancement materiel, not the tip.

So I don't see why you would need to have a less flexible tip when you should be thinning it down anyways.

It might be a matter of a opinion, but I have a lot of success with my CND L&P when I practice this and it's how the system is made to function.

Good luck :)

Iv just completed my training at s2 in acrylics using cnd products and we were taught to thin down the tips you don't want thicker tips they need to be nice and thin as there just a guide the liquid and powder are the strength x

Have a look at the flexihand nails trainer. I just got one it's like a real hand! Miles better then the plastic nail trainers x

Latest posts

Back