Acrylics training hand

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaintyDoll

Reaction score
Hi Geeks :)

I have just recently completed my Harmony Prohesion course but would like some more practise before i offer acrylics on my price list.

I have been looking at those training hand things you can buy, but from what i see the nails have no tip/free edge to place a nail form under to practise sculpting? It seems like you can only practise tips on the training hands?
As i am more of a sculpter what could i use to practise? x

Bump😊

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1421079506.780639.jpg do you mean one of these ? X

If it is one of these you can get different nails to clip on and you can slide them up and down to give a longer free edge. They are a great tool and I still use mine for all types of nails xImageUploadedBySalonGeek1421080442.345525.jpg

If it is one of these you can get different nails to clip on and you can slide them up and down to give a longer free edge. They are a great tool and I still use mine for all types of nails xView attachment 80999
Hi Steph,
That sounds good about adjusting the clip on nails!
Can you sculpt with it?
Where did you get it? xx

Yes you can sculpt with it, there are probably loads of threads on here about them. They are expensive but essential nails/youngs nails have them and ebay and more places I would think. Have a look around and you may get a second hand one. Oh and I know essential nails sells the nails and other bits for them so that's probably a good place to start x

Yes, these nail trainer hands are great for what you're after.

I have one (Essential Nails) and I call her Fiona. She's a great help to me but I haven't figured out how to get forms to stick. They fit under the free edge nicely but it's as if there is no glue at all! I'm not trying to hijack the post so hopefully if this issue is resolved for me, the OP will find it helpful as well.

Attachments

• fiona.jpg
    fiona.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 75
Thanks all, i have bought the nail trainer as suggested :) x

I got mine off eBay for £30 and it's the best thing I have bought!

Latest posts

Back