Actually training on CND training courses

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pretty Geeky

Reaction score
Hiya, I've had a wee search for this query specifically but I couldn't find anything that answers my question. When you went on you Shellac and/or Minx course did you get to actually practice, play with the products etc?? Just reading over some of the posts relating to Minx and Shellac I get the impression some of you did........looking forward to some responses. Thanks Geeks. PGx

I want to know the same thing!.. Plus, have you booked your courses?

the shellac course was about 2-3 hours and went over the theory and application technique. We didn't practice on each other but it was demonstrated and plenty of time for questions etc. You need to be fully proficient in manicure before you book as you will be expected to know underpinning knowledge of prepping etc

Yes you do get to practice with the products as how else would you learn hun:biggrin: You will need to have your own kit though for both the Shellac and Minx course's and you will need to bring a model for each one also, this is what was required when I did them last year. Unless it's changed. You will really enjoy them as I did. Hth:biggrin:

Haha I've just noticed the title properly.. CND!

Hi, thanks for your responses, much appreciated. I've actually been on both courses and not once did we get to practice, show what we could do/not do, play with the products. In hindsight it's actually pretty disappointing. Both systems were demonstrated and we had the chance to ask questions but, as we are all aware, it's not til you've had a go with things that problems or questions come up. It would have been good to have had the opportunity to be corrected/shown the correct way at these courses. Not a lot I can do now, I'll just keep looking a videos on you tube and coming here for pointers. Thanks again for your input. PGx

And even though you didn't get to do it yourself, you still got a certificate? I take it you didn't have 1-2-1 training?

And even though you didn't get to do it yourself, you still got a certificate? I take it you didn't have 1-2-1 training?

Yep, got my cert for both courses, strange eh? There was no 1-2-1 courses and until recently I thought everyones training with these was the same. I would really have benefitted from 1-2-1 I think. :-(. PGx

I see! I rang up today to enquire about Minx and Shellac courses and they gave me a number for what I'm assuming was a 1-2-1 trainer as it was in Bristol and I noticed there isn't a training centre in Bristol but I haven't been able to get hold of her yet. Where did you go for training? x

Oh this has upset me. I'm booked on the shellac and rock star shellac courses in August. I really thought we would have to practise before getting a certificate. x

I see! I rang up today to enquire about Minx and Shellac courses and they gave me a number for what I'm assuming was a 1-2-1 trainer as it was in Bristol and I noticed there isn't a training centre in Bristol but I haven't been able to get hold of her yet. Where did you go for training? x

I would double check when you call that it's 1-2-1. I thought everyone just had the same group training I had. I am near Edinburgh and went to the local training centre there. I hope you enjoy your training though-I do love using the products!! PGx

Hi
I did my minx training with Ellisons in Leicester in February this year, learnt a few more tips than what i had taught myself on you tube etc, we didn't need to take a model as we practiced on each other x6 people in total and we all came home with a full set of minx nail armour applied by each other for practice etc. We then got to shop with a discount of 10% if purchasing products on the same day and aslo 20% of any courses booked within 1 month. I really enjoyed it and was more than happy with the application of the minx applied by another attendee.
Good luck x

Ok, thanks for the advice!

Hi
I did my minx training with Ellisons in Leicester in February this year, learnt a few more tips than what i had taught myself on you tube etc, we didn't need to take a model as we practiced on each other x6 people in total and we all came home with a full set of minx nail armour applied by each other for practice etc. We then got to shop with a discount of 10% if purchasing products on the same day and aslo 20% of any courses booked within 1 month. I really enjoyed it and was more than happy with the application of the minx applied by another attendee.
Good luck x

That sounds fab! I so wish I'd had that kind of experience. I hope most other people have this kind of training :). PGx

Natalie Williams is the CND educator for Bristol, she may be on holiday that may be why you cant get hold of her.
It depends on if Natalie already has dates set up for Shellac Brings Them Back classes or not as to if it will be a 1-2-1.
If its a 1-2-1 that you want then you will need to discuss this with Natalie.
Also there are 2 different shellac training one is a hands on and the other is hints tips and trouble shooting more of a system showcase, these are held at one of the big Academy's or distributors rather than with education ambassadors.
hths
Jen xxx

I did both minx and shellac training end of June and on both we had to do at least 2/3 fingers, with shellac we also did French and had to show correct removal too!

and that was with CND?

Natalie Williams is the CND educator for Bristol, she may be on holiday that may be why you cant get hold of her.
It depends on if Natalie already has dates set up for Shellac Brings Them Back classes or not as to if it will be a 1-2-1.
If its a 1-2-1 that you want then you will need to discuss this with Natalie.
Also there are 2 different shellac training one is a hands on and the other is hints tips and trouble shooting more of a system showcase, these are held at one of the big Academy's or distributors rather than with education ambassadors.
hths
Jen xxx
Thank you very much! So if I was to book at Plymouth or Bournemouth academy for a Minx and Shellac course it would be hands on? x

Latest posts

Back