Adding another spray tan brand (£)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaintyDoll

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have been using the lovely Nouvatan for 2 years now.
After much thought, i have considered offering my customers an alternative brand - St.Tropez.

My question is, Geeks that offer a few different brands of tanning solution - do you have price differences?

I currently charge £15 for Nouvatan and was considering £18/£20 for St.Tropez - do you think customers would always pick the cheapest?
Is it cheeky to charge more for another brand?

HEEEELP!! xox

You would need to have reasons for customers to choose one brand over the other. Especially For customers that have used either none before or only one.

Can you answer these questions?

Why would they choose St.Tropez if they love Nouvatan ?

Or what would your reasons be for a new customer choosing St.Tropez over Nouvatan ?

If you can answer these then you should have no troubles having both..

I personally would have a natural tan vs a dark tan ( nouvatan and Lauren's way ) .. It's easier to explain why a client would choose one over the other, but right now I don't have the funds to stock more than one brand.

If customers question why it's dearer just be truthful and say it's a much dearer solution to buy in xx

You would need to have reasons for customers to choose one brand over the other. Especially For customers that have used either none before or only one.

Can you answer these questions?

Why would they choose St.Tropez if they love Nouvatan ?

Or what would your reasons be for a new customer choosing St.Tropez over Nouvatan ?

If you can answer these then you should have no troubles having both..

I personally would have a natural tan vs a dark tan ( nouvatan and Lauren's way ) .. It's easier to explain why a client would choose one over the other, but right now I don't have the funds to stock more than one brand.

If customers question why it's dearer just be truthful and say it's a much dearer solution to buy in xx
From my knowledge, i class St.Tropez as a more premium brand (celebs use, great retail, marketing & has been around for a long time).
But then i do love my Nouvatan - they offer different percentages depending on the deeper colour you would like to go.
Unlike St.Tropez which offer classic & dark.

St Tropez is more expensive to buy in.

Do you charge different prices for laurens way and Nouvatan?

I charge £15 for Nouvatan and considerin £18/£20 for St.Tropez xxx

From my knowledge, i class St.Tropez as a more premium brand (celebs use, great retail, marketing & has been around for a long time).
But then i do love my Nouvatan - they offer different percentages depending on the deeper colour you would like to go.
Unlike St.Tropez which offer classic & dark.

St Tropez is more expensive to buy in.

Do you charge different prices for laurens way and Nouvatan?

I charge £15 for Nouvatan and considerin £18/£20 for St.Tropez xxx

I would think St.Tropez sells itself basically but you have to have a reason for people choosing that over Nouvatan , if they don't have a preference why would you sell them one over the other ? Would it be the percentage factor ?
You could describe it as ' A more custom tan ? And although still beautiful and natural it's less costly to buy in and world known as St Tropez, therefore the price reflects it '

I haven't bought in Lauren's way yet, currently stock OMG and nouvatan but not using OMG anymore unless it's requested as I much prefer nouvatan ! Once I have more money I will prob buy another brand in but unsure which..

Thinking of Lauren's Way or Montana Tan/Chloe Sims xx

I use & trained with st tropez, it's a fantastic tan, they don't disclose the % of dha in the tans, with st tropez the client has the option of a "top up" within approx 3 days if they want it darker (using the classic), they launched the darker for those who didn't want to have a top up, and now the express that can be left on upto 3 hrs, I personally only use the classic (always a natural looking tan) and the darker tan. You spray the body twice on low setting (the st tropez way) and it dries almost immediately. I have clients booking because I use & stock st tropez - I've never sprayed a bad tan with it. I offer laurens way too but clients prefer st tropez - my clients ages range from 16 - 70's+! Both male & female x

I trained with st tropez years ago I think everyone has at some point! I personally don't find it professional brand anymore you can buy it in tesco boots TKmaxx!
Can I ask why you want to offer a different brand? What is st.tropez bringing to the table apart from expensive bottle to sit on the shelf.
If I where going to introduce a new tan it would have to be something different. Express rinse off, luxury ingredients, added skin care benefits etc. If you want a darker or lighter tan I'm sure the tan you use has different %

I use & trained with st tropez, it's a fantastic tan, they don't disclose the % of dha in the tans, with st tropez the client has the option of a "top up" within approx 3 days if they want it darker (using the classic), they launched the darker for those who didn't want to have a top up, and now the express that can be left on upto 3 hrs, I personally only use the classic (always a natural looking tan) and the darker tan. You spray the body twice on low setting (the st tropez way) and it dries almost immediately. I have clients booking because I use & stock st tropez - I've never sprayed a bad tan with it. I offer laurens way too but clients prefer st tropez - my clients ages range from 16 - 70's+! Both male & female x
Thanks Beautyxperts :) I look forward for offering the brand to my customers.
Do you offer a price difference between Laurens way & St.Tropez?
xx

I trained with st tropez years ago I think everyone has at some point! I personally don't find it professional brand anymore you can buy it in tesco boots TKmaxx!
Can I ask why you want to offer a different brand? What is st.tropez bringing to the table apart from expensive bottle to sit on the shelf.
If I where going to introduce a new tan it would have to be something different. Express rinse off, luxury ingredients, added skin care benefits etc. If you want a darker or lighter tan I'm sure the tan you use has different %
Hi Amelia :)
Do you offer St.Tropez since you trained with them, if so do you find it popular with your customers?
Can you explain why you do not find it professional anymore?
I think one factor that appeals to me is a lot of my customers use some of the St.Tropez products (which shows they must like it) offering the brand they personally use at home will be more familiar as they know what to expect - if that makes sense haha.
I thought St Tropez had skin care benefits in some of their products? X

Hi Dainty Doll,

Please PM me as I am the new exclusive UK distributor for Amy Childs beauty products including her tanning range that has been re-formulated. I can tell you much more about it if you have been looking at St Tropez. We are launching in November xxx

Hi DaintyDoll

I would not go any lower than £15 at the end of the day we are here to make money. If you offer a rapid tan charge extra for this service. Personally i think charging £10 cheapens your business brand. If you are also giving your customers a great spray tan experience and doing everything correct you will be worth that little extra.

Its not cheeky at all to change brand businesses always have to adapt and keep things fresh.

We wanted our trade customers at Brown Gorgeous to have access to a fantastic tanning menu that will ultimately make their own clients see clearly and understand what products are designed for their very own unique skin tone, ensuring the most natural looking tan, with added Custom Blend Drops, including Slimming and Anti-Ageing, a huge breakthrough in sunless spray tanning innovation, ultimately increasing salon revenue.

By using our tanning menu as a guide we forecast a huge rise in revenue for our professional customers, this is because every single product from the Brown Gorgeous Custom Blend Expert Kit will feature on the menu, so the full collection will be needed when customers choose their unique ultimate Custom Blend spray tan experience.

Customising your spray tan solution will help keep your spray tanning business be unique and provide more than your competition.

Any more questions please get in touch

Happy Sunless Tanning

Thanks Beautyxperts :) I look forward for offering the brand to my customers.
Do you offer a price difference between Laurens way & St.Tropez?
xx

I charge £20 for st tropez classic & LW and £25 for darker & express. Clients have no problem choosing one over the other it just depends what look they want - I do use at tropez more than LW overall. X

Amelia they only sell their retail line in stores not their professional lines - no pro company would but many sell their retail lines - I use & stock st tropez and it doesn't make me any less professional 😘

Amelia they only sell their retail line in stores not their professional lines - no pro company would but many sell their retail lines - I use & stock st tropez and it doesn't make me any less professional 😘

I'm aware of this Chick but no other professional company's sell ANY of there products in boots tesco etc I still class the retails items are part of the professional line.
Also it's taking money out of your back pocket!!!! Why would a customer buy the moisturizer of you when they can get it 342 and boots point? Or when they do the Xmas pack which are really good value and actually work out cheaper to buy that at trade price!!!!
I think st.tropez has run it's course within the professional ring. It's brought nothing new to the table for a while now and think there are bigger better contenders out there with newer technologies.
We all have our own view and opinions on products within our industry non are right or wrong just opinions!

Yes people will pay more for what they know.

I had stocked Nouvatan when Fake bake was changing hands & I couldnt get any.

I then offered Nouvatan at £15 & Fake bake at £20 & 9/10 would opt for Fake bake as they have either had it before, or know someone that recommends it. Its been around for years (like st tropez) so has a good reputation & customers feel like they know what they are getting.

If you already have a client base i doubt they would swap as they must be happy with your service. But to attract new clients yes! Xx

Yes people will pay more for what they know.

I had stocked Nouvatan when Fake bake was changing hands & I couldnt get any.

I then offered Nouvatan at £15 & Fake bake at £20 & 9/10 would opt for Fake bake as they have either had it before, or know someone that recommends it. Its been around for years (like st tropez) so has a good reputation & customers feel like they know what they are getting.

If you already have a client base i doubt they would swap as they must be happy with your service. But to attract new clients yes! Xx

Thanks for the reply Steph :)
I am more swaying to charging £3-£5 more for St.Tropez as it does cost more for me to buy in xx

I'm aware of this Chick but no other professional company's sell ANY of there products in boots tesco etc I still class the retails items are part of the professional line.
Also it's taking money out of your back pocket!!!! Why would a customer buy the moisturizer of you when they can get it 342 and boots point? Or when they do the Xmas pack which are really good value and actually work out cheaper to buy that at trade price!!!!
I think st.tropez has run it's course within the professional ring. It's brought nothing new to the table for a while now and think there are bigger better contenders out there with newer technologies.
We all have our own view and opinions on products within our industry non are right or wrong just opinions!

Yes I'll agree to disagree on this one!

Latest posts

Back