Additives advice please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GJPN

Reaction score
So I've recently just had nail mail (yay!) of my free CND Ice Vapour, Frosted Glen and Bronze Additives. However, I've never used an additive over Shellac before and don't really know where to start! I've watched a couple of YouTube videos so get the idea but they refer to burnishing it in with a gel brush. Does it have to be a gel brush or will any normal nail art brush do? (as long as it's a thick one I guess). Also, does anyone have any tips on which colour the bronze additive will go with? I don't want to get other colours until I've had a play with the bronze to see how I get in with it. Thanks x

Oh and I'm sure I read somewhere that you can use eye shadow and bronzer etc instead of an additive, is that correct?!?

Hi!
I think unless you want to partake on a Art & Style additives class, your best tool would be youtube!! The Finger Nail Fixer, Mrs Grey & Liverpool Lashes all have some great tutorials!
Burnishing essentially means 'rubbing in' the product, but with a brush obviously. If you watch some videos it will make a lot more sense.

I'm literally just having a really quick play with my bronze additive as I now have 3! So really trying to push it.

Here's a quick pic of what I'm currently doing.. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1415352553.269224.jpg

From left to right it's:
Tinted Love
Frosted Glenn
Midnight Swim
Blackpool
Cityscape (this combo looks gorgeous up close!)

Hope this helps! X

I use my CND gel brush to put additives on. You need the smallest amount on your brush & very gently pat it onto the inhibition layer of your Shellac. Then gently rub it in(burnish) dont scrub it or it will mark your inhibition layer underneath. Make sure you brush any excess off. Then topcoat & cure. Make sure you topcoat well & cap well. Happy playing :D

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1415353013024.jpg
    1415353013024.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 130
  • 1415353033457.jpg
    1415353033457.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 128
  • 1415353050088.jpg
    1415353050088.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 126
Thanks for the tips x

I have different brushes for additives, one for the sizzling sand additive as it's white, a flat gel brush which I use for glitters and ombré fade and also a fluffy brush that I use for adding pigment to the whole nail, thats just my preference. I use sizzling sand a lot, so that brush is my most used. x

Latest posts

Back