Additives in gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crystaltash

Reaction score
Hi geeks,
I have a client in tomorrow who gets coloured gel overlays on her natural nails. She is coming to us as I have just employed a nail technician. I have all the necessary gel products except coloured gels. I was wondering, can u make colour gel with additives? How would u go about doing this?Otherwise, I may have to run out to Sally's! Lol! Xxxx

Yes you can add CND Additives to Gel you need to make sure you only add 30% of the additives otherwise you will effect the curing.
Also don't mix it to quickly take your time so not to add bubbles into the gel.

Thanks Klassy. So she just does base, then does she add the powder into her builder gel? Two coats? The the finish coat and wipe?
Thank u. Xxx

Thanks Klassy. So she just does base, then does she add the powder into her builder gel? Two coats? The the finish coat and wipe?
Thank u. Xxx

It's always recomended to apply a clear layer below any colours layer, you can do it which ever way you want either in the builder layer or build the enhancement in clear the 'paint' the coloured gel on in a few thin layers.
You would finish the enhancement with Top Coat.
Hths

Latest posts

Back