Additives peeling?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vanitybeauty1

Reaction score
Just had a client walk in and show me her nails, my employee (Sarah) did her nails yesterday she had Rosebud with Desert Chameleon additives.

The nail hadn't chipped as such but the additive had peeled from the nail, the Rosebud colour coat was still intact it was a small piece at the free edge, the additive was still attached to her nail but it had come away from the colour coat and was hanging off.

What went wrong? The client insists she hasn't used any chemicals or washed up without gloves she even said "I haven't even had a shower yet"

Sarah never has any clients come back with chips or peeling and our clients always get at least 2 weeks wear.

This lady has been a bit of a pain ever since she found us, makes rude remarks, turns up late, or doesn't turn, asks personal questions and is never a fan of the colour she has chosen once it's on her nails.. She's just a bit of a nightmare lol

But I don't get how the additive came away from the nail but the rosebud didn't? Sarah's prep is the same as mine:

Shape nails.
Thorough cuticle work with cuticle away.
Wipe excess cuticle away with lint free pad.
Wash away with water spray.
Scrub fresh.
Base coat 10 sec.
2x Colour coat 2 min.
Apply additive and burnish into tacky layer.
Coat in clearly pink to seal 2 min.
Top coat 2 min.
Wipe with IPA.
Cuticle oil.

Sarah mentioned the client answered her phone during treatment so could some of the tacky layer removed during this and the additive didn't stick properly?

Never had this happen before, has anyone else?

Thanks in advance xx

Felicity xx

Powdery additives do that sometimes. Try to make sure there is a tiny line where there is no additive around the whole nail including free edge so that you can seal it in well in the topcoat

Latest posts

Back