Adios to dieting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jazmine

Reaction score
As it says. I'm done with diets-I have struggles with my weight since I was 11- at the age of 20 and 16.8 stone I thought enough is enough and I embarked on the Cambridge diet. I lost 4 stone and felt fantastic. My 21st birthday was amazing feeling confident and happy within myself.

I kept the weight of-put on the odd pound here and there but all in all maintainedy weight. I was determined not to pile the weight back on.

A year and a bit on I fell pregnant :) for the most part I managed my weight well and only over the last mo th did I really gain. Post baby whilst breast feeding I lost weight and water and actually felt pretty good.

When I finished breast feeding I felt it was ok to start dieting-it's been a downward spiral from there. I had been with 4lbs o my goal weight then binged myself back up past pregnancy weight :-(

I don't think my contraceptive helped-I'd never been so hungry. So weekend feasting bender where in preparation for the diet on Monday. Only the diet would come and go and but the pounds stayed and multiplied.

I'm back at the stage where I feel insecure an uncomfortable. I feel awkward eating out and felt at a loss. I know what I should and shouldn't eat. It's not rocket science! So I'm following now what I know. I'm fed up of denying myself this and that and letting food control me.

I've been on two runs this week and am ignoring the scales and have pulled the fridge and freezer full of rich good foods.

I think it is impossible for anyone who hasn't struggled with their weight (either being to big or to small) to appeiciate how hard it is.

My doctor said to me a good few years ago-when people have an addiction they can try and remove themselves from situations where they might be tempted. You cannot do that with food as its an essential part of life which is why food can be the hardest addiction for anyone to conker. I didn't know if anyone else wanted to have a place (thread) to share their experiences, thoughts or have an input.

Food is definitely the hardest addiction to conquer! I've quit smoking and alcohol but I'm a food addict and have been for years, I'm doing weight watchers at the moment for the 3rd time. I just wish there was more doctors could do to help x

I agree. I quit smoking as well but food is a hard one:( Dont give up, you are just going through a rough time. You lost weight before and you can do it again. You will only feel worse later having given up. If you need a break, take a break. But dont tell yourself you cant do it:)
And remember, you are beautiful at whatever weight. Dont let your confidence go down. I did well during my pregnancy too and 4 yrs later Im gaining because its not easy having a child. Im exhaused! I dont care what I eat, it gives me energy! Just tell yourself you are taking a break!

Have you heard of juice plus? It's amazing! For weight loss theres a meal replacement programm. You get a detox plan while waiting for your shakes to arrive. You get a personal mentor and recipes and you get added to support groups. AND it's affordable.

I hear ya, I've been struggling my whole life with my weight, but I'm at the stage now where I am happy, if I want something yummy to eat I will have it but just a smaller size, I find if I deprive myself of something it makes me want it more and then I'll go out and slam down a whole block of chocolate or something and then feel guilty afterwards ! but if I have a small piece of chocolate or whatever its enough to satisfy plus keeps me happy. I know I am still overweight but I'm doing the best I can, I'm sure you are too, and thats all you can really do. I see a lot of girls around my age who are skinny but still unhappy (plus their wrinkles show up more than mine hehe). All you can really do is be happy, because happy people radiate beauty xxx

I hear you..

get rid of the scales...they only torment us ...weigh in once a week/month somewhere official but no scales in the house...only make us psycho

sounds like you're on right track

slow and sensible stays off

no fads, no quick loss, no starving, sensible and steadfast

Latest posts

Back