Advanced cosmetic procedures and Elma cream

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaisyMouse

Reaction score
Do any ACP geeks use emla cream or LMX4 prior to any procedures? Some of my clients are real wimps and struggle to have it done. I am unsure how it will affect treatments, I guess it won't be a problem on skin tags but does it affect thread veins?

Thanks

I trained with it doing skin needling. The numbness can be extremely effective even for slightly deeper procedures. My reservations came from anaphylaxis which apparently can occur with these superficial numbing creams although they can be bought over the counter. They're not hugely expensive so you could try them but as always I would check with insurance.

Vic x

Thanks yes I use it for needling too. Just wondering if any ACP geeks know if it has an effect on thread veins?

I have carried out needling treatments for some years, also micropigmentation for permanent make up and paramedical tattoo procedures. I train other professionals in needling techniques and PMU. There is information regarding safe and legal use of topical numbing prior to these treatments for the UK professional, I will try and find it and post. Where I am located now in Italy clients must purchase their own and apply, this is unless you are a medical professional able to prescribe medications.
With regards to allergy and subsequent anaphylaxis, allergy is rare but I have seen it, in my opinion it is vital that therapists especially those carrying out advanced treatments undergo regular first aid and anaphylaxis training, unfortunately drugs kit are not applicable for non medical facilities, this poses this question as to whether these treatments would be carried out in a clinical environment.
I hope this helps. Victoria.

Last edited:
Thanks yes I use it for needling too. Just wondering if any ACP geeks know if it has an effect on thread veins?

Needling will have a positive effect but needs to be approached with caution. I cover this within my training program

I have used Ametop and Emla. You do get some blanching with Emla but I have never found it an issue. I find the more clients use of it the more blanching effect I see plus the time they have had it on. The best is supposed to be LMX4 as it gives minimal side effects but does not seem to be as widely available in the chemist but I will check again as I want to trial it.

Needling will have a positive effect but needs to be approached with caution. I cover this within my training program

Sorry I ment I use emla with my needling, I was wondering the effect the emla would have on thread veins not the effect needling would have on them:)

Thanks for the above info though!

I have used Ametop and Emla. You do get some blanching with Emla but I have never found it an issue. I find the more clients use of it the more blanching effect I see plus the time they have had it on. The best is supposed to be LMX4 as it gives minimal side effects but does not seem to be as widely available in the chemist but I will check again as I want to trial it.

I will try with LMX4 then as I have it to use with my needling. I get it from wigmore that's where I get all my sterile gloves etc.

I was just wondering if it would have an adverse effect on the veins prior to treatment but will give it a shot, thanks!

Sorry I ment I use emla with my needling, I was wondering the effect the emla would have on thread veins not the effect needling would have on them:)

Thanks for the above info though!

Lol. Am tired sorry. Completely missed the point.
The blanching effect you will get from any topical, some more than others. Obviously if treating veins using diathermy etc then this would be an issue as it effects how you see them.

I have used both Emla and Lmx4. I prefer lmx4

I didn't make it very clear :), what makes you prefer LMX4 to emla?

O read it back and I was being thick lol!! I prefer LMX for following reasons

Slightly quicker acting, more of a gel like texture (only slightly), can be used around mucous membrane which is useful to me. Seems to last slightly longer.

O read it back and I was being thick lol!! I prefer LMX for following reasons

Slightly quicker acting, more of a gel like texture (only slightly), can be used around mucous membrane which is useful to me. Seems to last slightly longer.

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back